- Lid stay or support for boxes, cedar chests, blanket chests, etc. This support assists in the lifting of your lid and it will hold the lid in the "up" position.
- This lid support does not dampen the closing action of the lid so it is not recommended for children's toy boxes.
- Made from stainless steel and nylon with a stainless steel spring.
- Available in three different mounting styles.
- Right Side Mount - Mounts on the underside of the lid and the right side panel of the box
- Left Side Mount - Mounts on the underside of lid and left side panel of the box
- Back Wall Mount - Mounts on the underside of lid and the back wall of the box
- Available in two different weight ratings. Use the formula information below to calculate your lid "moment".
- 26 inch/pound (in/lb) maximum lid moment.
- 34 inch/pound (in/lb) maximum lid moment
- For this lid support to work correctly, the back wall of your box must be 3/4" thick and the pivot point of your hinge (where the hinge pin is) must be located on the outside back wall of the box. Normally, you would use a piano hinge or several butt hinges to hinge your lid.
- Weight Rating Formula: Lid front to back dimension (in inches) times Lid weight (in pounds) divided by 2 equals the lid "moment".
- Use the weight rating formula to determine your lid's "moment" and choose the lid support that most closely matches. Do no exceed the maximum rating value
- Up to three lid supports can be used per lid. Do not mix lid supports of different weight ratings when using more than one support.
- Instructions are not included. Please print out the PDF file below so that when your supports are delivered you will have instructions.
|Finish Name||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Material||Stainless Steel (304)|
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Four #8 pan head screws|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Stainless Steel Lid Support
No Reviews Yet
No Questions Asked Yet