- Blum's straight arm clip top hinge for frameless overlay cabinets, featuring built-in Blumotion.
- Blumotion is Blum's built-in soft close feature which adds a silent and effortless door closing action.
- With these hinges, the mechanism is integrated into the hinge cup providing a very low profile design.
- Also features a deactivation switch which allows the Blumotion feature to be turned off for small or light doors. To do this simply turn off the Blumotion on one of the two hinges on the door.
- ADVISORY: This hinge requires that the cup drilled in the back of your door is at least 13mm (1/2" deep). Prior Blum Clip top hinges required a 12.5mm cup depth. We recommend that you measure the cup depth on your doors before ordering. Many cabinet makers used a 13mm cup depth even though the requirement was only 12.5mm so yours may actually already be drilled to 13mm. If your cup depth measures only 12.5, purchase the hinge cup spacer plate which you can install under the hinge cup to make up for the 0.5 mm difference. The hinge cup spacer plate is offered as an optional accessory.
- 1 Blum Blumotion Straight Arm Hinge (Blum #71B3550)
- 1 Blum Frameless Mounting Plate
- There are four possible mounting plates for frameless overlay cabinets. Each plate is a different height, which, in combination with the bore distance, changes the door overlay. It is important to match up your overlay to make sure your doors sit in the right position on your cabinet. To chose the correct mounting plate, use the "How to Select Your Mounting Plate" link below.
- Four #6 screws for the hinge and mounting plate
- Cover Plate for Arm Part of Hinge - Hides the screws on the hinge arm providing a cleaner appearance
- Cover Plate for Cup Side of Hinge - Hides the screws on the cup side providing a cleaner appearance
- Cup Spacer Plate - For doors with only a 12.5mm cup depth
Available for purchase separately:
- Plastic Dowels, used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well (SKU 652368)
- Restriction clip. Limits angle of opening to 86 degrees (SKU 701113)
- Blum Touch Latch for Self-Closing Doors (SKU 268822)
- 35mm Forstner Bit, for new installations (SKU 204000)
- Ecodrill, installation jig, for new installations (SKU 701000)
- Back-to-back screws for installations where two doors are installed to the same cabinet side panel (SKU 268249)
|Model Number||71B3550 (Hinge)
175H7100 (0mm Plate)
175H7130 (3mm Plate)
1757H9160 (6mm Plate)
175H7190 (9mm Plate)
|Cabinet Door Type||
|Plate Connection Type||Clip-On|
|Opening Angle||110 Degrees|
|Screw Hole Spacing||45mm (1-3/4")|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Four #6 x 5/8" wood screws for the hinge and mounting plate|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Blum Blumotion Hinge for Frameless Overlay Cabinets - Bundle
5/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
| September 18th, 2018
These hinges do their job very well. Doors are closing softly and quietly now.
2 Questions asked about Blum Blumotion Hinge for Frameless Overlay Cabinets - Bundle
Q Tom Conger • 01/05/2018, 8:08:37 PM I have a frameless cabinet and would like to have only a 3/8th of an inch overlay vs a 1/2 or full overlay. Can you use your Blum Blumotion Hinge for Frameless Overlay Cabinets to achieve this. I'm new at this and want to be sure. Thank you.
A 01/06/2018, 5:17:02 PM Hello Tom, you can accomplish a 3/8" overlay using this hinge: https://www.hardwaresource.com/blum-blumotion-hinge-for-frameless-overlay-cabinets.html You will need to select the correct thickness of mounting plate based on the "bore distance" of the hinge cup that's bored in your door. You can determine bore distance and plate selection by viewing this chart: https://www.hardwaresource.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/2381/product_id/10014/
Q william Hewgley • 01/31/2018, 11:27:03 AM how do you adjust these hinges
A 02/01/2018, 11:24:59 AM Adjustments are made by rotating the two cam screws on the top of the hinge arm. Rotating the screw closer to the cup/door side of the hinge will move the door side to side. Rotating the other screw will adjust the door's depth. You can also adjust the door's vertical position by rotating the cam screw on the mounting plate.