Compact one piece European hinge with built-in Blumotion.
- Blum's Blumotion soft close mechanism which allows the cabinet door to close softly without banging.
- A shallow cup depth of 7/16" that can be useful for doors with a deep profile cut on the outside edge of the door. This hinge is also available with a standard cup depth (see related products below).
- A deactivation switch that can be used for small or light doors (flip the switch on one of the hinges to lessen the dampening action).
- An overload safety feature that protects the soft close mechanism if the door is slammed.
- 6-way adjustable after installation.
- When changing hinges on your door, you should change all of the hinges. Mixing different types or brands of hinges will cause door binding problems.
- This hinge may be used to replace any compact one piece European hinge that is installed with the following:
- the same overlay dimension
- a bore distance of 1/8" (the bore distance is the distance between the edge of the door and the edge of the cup drilled in the back of the door)
- a cup diameter of 35mm (1-3/8")
- a matching cup depth of 7/16"
- Screws for the mounting plate side are not included but can be found below as a related product. Only one #10 pan head screw is needed per hinge. We sell these screws in packs of three.
- The 1-1/4" and 1-5/16" overlay hinges have a 107 degree opening angle.
- The mounting plate side of the hinge may differ slightly from what is shown in the image depending on the overlay of the hinge.
- Hinge comes with dowels and screws for the door side of the hinge. Dowels may be discarded if not needed.
- Cover Caps: These are attached to the mounting plate side of the hinge to give it more of a clean appearance.
- Low profile cover cap is for small overlay hinges (5/16" to 3/4")
- Medium profile cover cap is for larger overlay hinges (1-1/4" & 1-5/16")
- Spacer: For thin profile or beveled door. This is mounted underneath the cup side of the hinge.
|Model Number||5/16" Overlay: 38N358B.05
3/8" Overlay: 38N358B.06
7/16" Overlay: 38N358B.07
1/2" Overlay: 38N358B.08
5/8" Overlay: 38N358B.10
3/4" Overlay: 38N358B.12
1 - 1/4" Overlay: 38C358B.20
1 - 5/16" Overlay: 38C358B.21
|Cabinet Door Type||
|Plate Connection Type||One-Piece|
|Opening Angle||105 Degrees|
|Screw Hole Spacing||45mm (1-3/4")|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Blum Blumotion Compact Hinge, Shallow Cup
5/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
| September 22nd, 2018
I was a little skeptical that these would work for me, but after one of the customer service guys recommended them, I bought a couple samples. Turns out they are a perfect fit and work just as they should. Fast shipping too. Thank you.
7 Questions asked about Blum Blumotion Compact Hinge, Shallow Cup
Q David • 12/11/2017, 3:27:33 AM Can I use these on 1/2 inch plywood or are these for just 3/4 inch plywood and thicker? If I can't use these ones do you have hinges for 1/2 inch plywood?
A 12/11/2017, 4:15:59 PM If you only have a 1/2" thick door, that would only leave 1/16" of wood after the hole is drilled, and that could lead to an easy punch through on your door. Thatís why 5/8" minimum is recommended with these hinges. Unfortunately, we do not carry any hinges with a smaller bore depth than this option (7/16").
Q Kurt Munson • 12/20/2017, 9:05:41 AM Are the Blum soft closure mechanism retrofittable? If so, do you sell them? Part #?
A 12/20/2017, 11:15:22 AM The built-in Blumotion is not an individual part that can be replaced on older hardware. The entire hinge would need to be replaced. We do have a stand-alone device that you can use if you do not want to replace your hinges. You can find it by typing G10006 into the search box at the top of the page or clicking the following link: https://www.hardwaresource.com/blum-stand-alone-soft-close-device.html
Q charles • 01/18/2018, 7:54:12 AM my cabinet doors are prebored to a depth of 1/2 inch. I am considering blum blumotion hinge sku #268781 (38N358B.05), which has a cup depth of 7/16 inch. Are my doors and this hinge compatible? (I believe the other spec characteristics are compatible.)
A 01/18/2018, 4:19:25 PM Yes, this hinge will work fine with your cup depth!
Q Carl F. Reinke • 02/06/2018, 5:30:17 AM Building a cabinet with single 3/4" thick doors, 1/2" overlay, is his the proper hinge? Can a "shallow" hinge be used here? What is the difference between this and the Grass hinge for 1/2" overlay?
A 02/06/2018, 10:52:59 AM Yes, this hinge can be used for your cabinet. The Grass hinge has 42mm (1-5/8") screw hole spacing around the hinge cup, while this one has 45mm screw spacing. Either hinge can be used for a new application!
Q Jeff DeSantis • 02/21/2018, 1:45:17 AM Can toe use a spacer under 7/16 depth cup hinge? I have doors with a double og on outside edge and even 7/16 depth cups are a little to close for comfort. Thanks
A 02/21/2018, 1:55:05 PM Yes, if your door has a beveled edge or a profile that only allows you to only drill a 3/8" cup depth, you could use this spacer and a shallow model (7/16" cup depth) Compact Blumotion hinge.