- This steel piano hinge is stocked in a 72" length that can be purchased as is or cut down to size depending on your needs.
- An economical choice for where a strong hinge is needed and corrosion will not be a problem.
- Available in six open widths.
- Screw holes are 2" apart from center to center.
- Knuckle length is 1/2".
- A full length piano hinge uses about 72 screws per hinge. (Not included)
- 1-1/16" Wide Hinge: .040" Material thickness, .091" pin diameter, uses #4 flat head screws
- 1-1/4" Wide Hinge: .060" Material thickness, .120" pin diameter, uses #6 flat head screws
- 1-1/2" Wide Hinge: .060" Material thickness, .120" pin diameter, uses #6 flat head screws
- 2" Wide Hinge: .060" Material thickness, .120" pin diameter, uses #6 flat head screws
- 2-1/2" Wide Hinge: .060" Material thickness, .120" pin diameter, uses #6 flat head screws
- 3" Wide Hinge: .060" Material thickness, .120" pin diameter, uses #6 flat head screws
- We charge $3.00 per cut (limit 5 cuts per hinge).
- We will ship the remaining parts of any hinge that has been cut.
- Our cutting blade is approximately 1/16" thick so there is some loss of material with every cut made. For example, a hinge with 5 cuts made will lose 5/16" of material.
- The hinge knuckles on this product are spaced at 1/2" intervals. Please keep this in mind when sizing your cuts. It is best to ask for a cut at a joint or in the middle of a knuckle. That means that it is really best to ask for cuts that are sized to a whole inch, a 1/2 inch or a 1/4 inch (for example 12" or 12-1/2" or 12-1/4").
- Hinges that have been cut for you are absolutely not returnable and the order may not be canceled if it has already been cut. In order to ensure our customers receive their hardware as soon as possible, we are sometimes cutting your hinge within 30 minutes after your order has been placed. If you need to change your order we need to hear from you within 30 minutes of the time the order has been placed. No changes or cancellations may be made after 30 minutes on any hinge cutting order.
- We can only promise cutting accuracy to plus or minus 1/8".
|Finish Name||Natural Steel|
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||#4 or #6 Flat Head Screws (Depending on Hinge Size)|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
You're reviewing Steel Piano Hinge with Holes
No Reviews Yet
3 Questions asked about Steel Piano Hinge with Holes
Q Michael Lentin • 02/27/2018, 11:31:44 AM what is the weight capacity of this hinge please?
A 02/27/2018, 12:48:19 PM The manufacturer has not tested these hinges for a weight rating. You will need to use your best judgment when using these hinges.
Q Nathan Cordova • 03/12/2018, 11:58:39 AM Is this a 2 inch wide � 72 inch hinge?
A 03/12/2018, 1:09:02 PM Hi Nathan! This hinge comes in many different open widths such as 1-1/16", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 2", 2-1/2" and 3". Towards the top of the product page should be a drop down menu to choose a selection of open width.
Q Nathan Cordova • 03/12/2018, 12:15:39 PM Are the pre-drilled holes 8th inch?
A 03/12/2018, 1:33:47 PM Hi Nathan! Most of the hinge sizes on this page use a #6 Flat Head Screw. The diameter of the actual hole in the hinge is about 3/16".