Grass 830 and 831 hinges were discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available. This page will show you how to replace your obsolete Grass hinges with new One Piece Soft Close hinges from the manufacturer Blum.
- Information on Grass 830 & 831 Hinges:
- Grass 830 hinges were for 5/8" thick doors and open 120 degrees.
- Grass 831 hinges were for 3/4" thick doors and open 105 degrees.
- Both hinges had a 35mm cup diameter.
- Both hinges had a 1/8" bore distance
- Replacing Grass 830 & 831 Hinges Using Blum One Piece Hinges
- Blum One Piece Compact Hinges work as replacements for these hinges.
- The new hinge will fit into the same 35mm cup drilled into the back of your door.
- You will need to redrill the small screw holes. Your old screw holes may be left exposed and may need filling if desired.
- All replacement hinges come with two dowels and two dowel screws that are pre-attached and are used to mount the hinge to the back of your door. Screws for the mounting plate side (the part which attaches to the cabinet frame) are not included.
- Please purchase two #6 x 5/8" wood screws per face mount type hinge (830-09 replacement, our SKU 268785). All other overlay sizes require a single #10 x 3/4" screw per hinge. These screws can be found under related products.
- How to Order and Select the Correct Hinge:
- For each door that you are working on you will need to replace all hinges on the door (most commonly 2 per door, but can be more). Hinges from different manufacturers articulate differently and mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding. These replacements are one piece hinges, whereas the old Grass hinges were two piece, meaning the hinge and mounting plate were seperate components. This one piece hinge replaces both of the old Grass components.
- There are two methods to choose your replacement hinge:
- Method 1: If there is a number stamped on your current mounting plate, use the chart below and choose the proper replacement hinge.
- Method 2: If there is no number stamped on your mounting plate, first measure your overlay (click here for instructions, also found under the resources tab) and then use the chart below to match up your overlay dimension with the proper hinge.
|Grass 830 and 831 to Blum One Piece Soft Close Conversion Chart|
|Number on Grass Mounting Plate||Door Overlay||Purchase this Blum One Piece Soft Close Hinge|
|Finish Name||Satin Nickel|
|Cabinet Door Type||
Face Mount (1-3/8" or greater)
|Plate Connection Type||One-Piece|
|Screw Hole Spacing||45mm (1-3/4")|
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Face Mount Option: Two #6 x 5/8" Screws
All other Options: One #10 x 3/4" Screw
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
You're reviewing Soft Close Replacements for Grass 830 and 831 Hinges
No Reviews Yet
No Questions Asked Yet. Use the form below to ask one.