Security Stud for Door Hinges
Ships by the next day!
- Security studs are used for exterior doors that open outward. Doors that open outward have their hinge pins on the outside of the building.
- If a potential intruder removes the hinge pins, the security stud protects the door from being removed by locking the leaves of the hinges together.
- To install the security studs, remove two screws from your hinge. These two screws must be aligned back to back when the hinge (or door) is closed.
- Replace one of the screws with a security stud and drill a receiving hole in the other empty screwhole
- When the door closes the security stud will slide into the receiving hole locking the two hinge leaves in place
- To determine your screw hole size it is best to take a countersunk screw with a known size and place it in the hinge screw hole.
- Replaces #10 countersunk head screws measuring 11/32" across the head.
- Will work on wood doors and frames
- Replaces #12 countersunk head screws measuring 3/8" across the head.
- Threaded with a 12-24 machine screw thread which matches the thread that is used on metal door frames.
- Will work on wood and metal doors and frames.