- Plastic dowel and dowel screw for European hinge push-in type installations.
- Typically used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well.
- The dowel measures 21/64" (8mm) diameter by 27/64" (11mm) long.
- Dowel screw size is a #6 flat head screw and is 1/2" in length.
- The drill bit size for the plastic dowel is 8mm or 5/16" (drill bit is not included).
- The dowels and screws are sold separately or can be purchased together in a pack of 50 (50 screws and 50 dowels).
|Head Type||Flat Head|
|Screw Drive Type||Phillips|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Plastic Dowels & Dowel Screws for Blum Hinges
No Reviews Yet
2 Questions asked about Plastic Dowels & Dowel Screws for Blum Hinges
Q paul • 07/23/2018, 5:16:19 PM I am replacing 56 old PA66 hinges with the Blum 33 hinge, is it necessary to use the plastic dowel in a composite (particle board) door
A 07/24/2018, 8:44:12 AM Hi Paul! If your cabinets are currently using the plastic dowels, it may be recommended to stick with them. They tend to have a better hold on more dense wood types that a regular wood screw just doesn't have enough "bite".
Q Sally • 10/24/2018, 7:49:05 AM I have Blum hinges-believe the product number is 71B355 if that helps. I took the cup part off of the cabinet for painting purposes and would like to get new screws to screw the cups back on. Are these the correct screws to use? The size appears to be the same as what I took off, but want to try and confirm.
A 10/24/2018, 8:50:55 AM Hi Sally! If you have those large bored holes adjacent to the cup that are about 8mm (5/16") diameter then a plastic dowel is what could be used on that cabinet door.