These ball bearing olive knuckle hinges are for lighter full sized doors. They offer a unique and decorative alternative to regular butt hinges. When the door is in the closed position, only the single hinge knuckle is visible. A door installed with olive knuckle hinges can be lifted off the door frame without removing hinge pins or hinge screws (the door can only be lifted off in the closed position).
Selecting Olive Knuckle Hinges
- These hinges are handed. Please study handing information before ordering!
- For a left hand and right hand reverse doors, use left hand hinges.
- For right hand and left hand reverse doors, use right hand hinges.
- The 5" x 3-1/4" size works well for doors that are 1-1/4" to 1-5/8" thick and up to 36" wide.
- The 6" x 3-7/8" size works well for doors that are 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" thick and up to 36" wide.
- The 6" x 4" size works well for doors that are 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" thick and up to 42" wide.
- The 6" x 4-1/2" size works well for doors that are 2" to 2-1/8" thick and up to 42" wide.
- The 6" x 5" size works well for doors that are 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" thick and up to 42" wide.
- Use three hinges for door up to 7' tall and add one hinge for every 1-1/2' in height. For example, on an 8 foot tall door use 4 hinges, on a 10 foot tall door use 5 hinges.
- Olive knuckle hinges are designed to be installed fully mortised (into cutouts in the edge of the door and door frame). They cannot be installed as surface mounted hinges.
- Dimensions are approcimate. These hinges are not built to a template and the dimensions can vary slightly between hinges. We strongly advise waiting to cut mortises for your hinges until you have them in hand. Once you have your hinges in hand your mortises should be measured and cut individually for each hinge.
|Size (W x H)||6" x 4"|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching wood screws|