- This Mortise Mount Spring Pivot differs from our Surface Mount Spring Pivot in that both the bottom and top units (pivots) may be mortised into the door. Note the difference in the placement of the door bracket on the spring cylinder.
- The 2.5" diameter spring cylinder on the bottom pivot can be mortised into the door. Since the maximum door thickness that the unit will accomodate is 2.5" the cylinder will show and be flush with a 2.5" thick door.
- The hinge swings 90 degrees in both directions and returns to center.
- Spring tension is adjustable.
- Hinge does not have "Hold Open" feature.
- Hinge sits on ball bearings.
- Hinge is non-handed, works on both left hand and right hand gates and doors.
- Maximum door width is 36". Maximum door thickness is 2.5".
- The door jamb bracket is 1-1/4" in width.
- Minimum door thickness is 1" .
- Picture shows one set. A set is the top pivot and the bottom pivot. A set will hang one door or gate.
Similar to the surface mount spring pivot, the mortised spring pivot set differs in installation. If you need a spring pivot for your half-height door but need to mortise it, this is the best option. Offered in four finishes, this spring pivot will look and function great in your intended location.
The mortised spring pivot set is a great option to have on hand, whether you're a homeowner or a builder. The 2.5" diameter spring cylinder on the bottom pivot can be mortised into the door. Since the maximum door thickness that the unit will accommodate is 2.5", the cylinder will show and be flush with a 2.5" thick door (which is the max thickness). The max door width is 26" with a minimum thickness of 1". The mortised spring pivot set door jamb bracket is 1 ¼" wide. For this set, the weight rating is 75 lbs., so ensure your door does not exceed this. While the hinge operates 90 degrees in both directions, it returns to the center since there is no "hold open" feature. You may adjust the spring tension, so the door closes at a proper speed. With these non-handed pivot hinges, you'll be able to install on left and right-handed doors. Your set will include the top and bottom pivots. Choose from Satin Brass, Glossy Black, Satin Chrome, and bare primed for painting finishes. These mortised pivot hinges work great in commercial applications like offices, warehouses, retail stores, and more.
Matching wood screws are included with your purchase so you can install the spring pivot right away for a new door or to replace an old hinge. Need to ask a quick question before ordering? Chat with us via our LiveChat system on our website, where an online agent will connect with you and help you find the right hinges. We'll have your order shipped within the next business day once we've received it. If you have any other questions about the mortised spring pivot set or would like to learn more about our wide selection of spring pivots, please feel free to contact us for additional information.
|Weight Rating||75 lbs Per Set|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Mortised Spring Pivot Set
1 Question asked about Mortised Spring Pivot Set