- This touch latch is invisible from the outside of the door.
- When you use a touch latch no other hardware (knob, pull, latch) is needed on your door giving it a clean look.
- Available in either a regular duty or heavy duty model. The heavy duty model is slightly larger and has much stronger spring action. Use the heavy duty model for solid core or heavy doors.
- How it works: Gently push in on the outside surface of the door. The door releases from the latch and pops outward.
- The auxiliary pusher (sold separately) is used where a vacuum condition exists (for example a small closet) or any situation where the door does not open easily.The auxiliary pusher may be used with either the regular duty or heavy duty latch.
- All mounting fasteners, a metal template, and full instructions are included.
- The face and internal parts of the latch are made from solid brass and steel. The case is made from plastic.
- The auxiliary pusher is made from solid brass and nylon and the spring is made from steel.
|Finish Name||Satin Brass|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Invisible Touch Latch for Full Size Doors
3/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
| October 18th, 2018
I truly feel that the directions were established for a pre-hung type of door. Because of the location of the door I built the frame and used hidden hinges. I followed the directions to word and after installing the hardware, it wasn't even close to being right. Thus I had to recalculate the distances, stand inside the closet to mark the proper place on the door for latch hook. The next problem we ran into was something a lot of others have complained about and that was the brass screws that were supplied. Just like many others, they stripped quite easily and to find replacements was not the easiest job. The final issue we had was that the pusher was extremely hard to push in and then retract the door our. When the door was closed it didn't latch at first, so luckily I was in the closet to push it back open. After lubricating it some and pushing it in and pulling it out, it finally started to work properly. At this time due to all of the issues we had I don't know if I can recommend this product to anyone. Maybe down the road a bit, I may have different feelings, but for now I can't.
4 Questions asked about Invisible Touch Latch for Full Size Doors
Q joseph sherman III • 02/26/2018, 3:50:20 PM This push latch, I understand will push the door open but does the latch also hold the door closed? Thank You - Joseph Sherman
A 02/26/2018, 3:55:49 PM This push latch will also hold the door closed.
Q Rich Dowd • 03/17/2018, 2:44:31 PM Re: Heavy Duty Invisible Touch Latch for Full Size Doors SKU# 310497 I am using this in an application where there exists a piston that pushes the door open. (It's actually not a door, but a rising pedestal within a table. Long story.) What's the maximum resistance this latch can bear and still hold the door closed? The piston in this application produces perhaps 80 pounds of force. Thanks. Rich Dowd HomweFinishers@gmail.com 410-227-5997
A 03/19/2018, 2:55:49 PM The manufacturer has not tested these hinges for a weight rating. You will need to use your best judgment when using these hinges.
Q Tony • 07/19/2018, 1:42:39 PM Just to be clear, for french doors, you would need two sets of this hardware, correct? Also, I want to be sure that I can use a 1-3/8" thick door?
A 07/20/2018, 9:08:20 AM Hi Tony! If you plan on having both doors open with the action of a Touch Latch, yes. It can work with that sort of door thickness, it would just be recommended to follow the instructions and ensure you have the gap between the touch latch and the door to push to latch/unlatch.
Q Wayne Johnston • 10/22/2018, 9:24:33 AM what are the best hinges to use with the push latch? also the door will be about 40lbs.
A 10/22/2018, 12:21:45 PM Soss or Tectus hinges are your best invisible hinge options for full size doors Wayne. See here; https://www.hardwaresource.com/soss-medium-duty-concealed-hinges.html https://www.hardwaresource.com/tectus-te-340-for-1-3-4-thick-doors.html