- Hinge shims are used to re-align your doors.
- Doors that are mis-aligned bind on the door frame which causes difficulty in opening and closing.
- Hinge shims are made of high impact plastic, far superior to cardboard shims which compress over time.
- They are installed under the hinge leaf
- Each shim allows for 1/16" of adjustment.
- To achieve more adjustment, simply increase the number of shims.
- The door and hinge does not need to be removed to install the shims.
- Shims are installed by removing two screws and loosening the others.
- Shim is slipped inbetween the hinge and door or frame.
- Hinge screws are replaced and tightened.
Available in 3 sizes and sold by the pack. Shims are color coded for easy size recognition:
- For 3.5" hinges, shims are white (18 shims per pack)
- For 4" hinges, shims are gray (15 shims per pack)
- For 4.5" hinges, shims are black (15 shims per pack)