Hinge Security Stud
Ships by the next day!
- Hinge security studs are specially made for outward opening doors.
- They keep the door securely in place if the door's hinge pins are removed.
- When the door is in the closed position, the stud inserts into the sleeve and will prevent the door from being removed if the hinge pins are pulled out of the hinges.
- This product is sold by the pack. A pack includes two studs and two sleeves which is what you normally need for one door.
- These are general instructions, use the instructions printed on the package to actually install the studs and sleeves.
- Install two studs per door, one near the top hinge on the door and one near the bottom hinge on the door.
- Drill a 1/2" diameter hole about 1 inch above or below the hinge on the edge of the door.
- Insert the stud on the door edge
- Drill a 1/2" diameter hole in door jamb, exactly opposite your first hole and install the sleeve.