- Swing clear hinge with ball bearings.
- Use swing clear hinges wherever doors are required to swing completely clear of the door opening. (door must open to at least 95 degrees to swing completely clear).
- This hinge is made to fit on doors that are 1-3/4" thick.
- Improves clearance for wheelchairs, carts, etc.
- Hinge is reversible for left or right swinging doors. To reverse the hinge; tap out the hinge pin, tap out the bottom plug, flip the hinge over and reassemble the bottom plug and hinge pin.
A swing clear hinge is a type of hinge that allows a door to swing completely clear of its opening, providing a wide unobstructed opening for easy access. This type of hinge is commonly used in situations where there is limited space for a door to swing open, such as in narrow hallways, small rooms, or in areas where equipment or furniture may obstruct the swing of a traditional door.
Swing clear hinges are also often used in commercial or institutional settings, such as hospitals or schools, where ease of access is important for people with mobility aids such as wheelchairs or walkers. By allowing the door to swing clear of the opening, swing clear hinges can provide a larger opening for people to pass through, making it easier to navigate and reducing the risk of collisions or accidents.
|Size (H x W)||4 - 1/2"|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
1 Question asked about Ball Bearing Swing Clear Hinge