- Replacement 26mm medicine cabinet hinge and mounting plate for medicine cabinets.
- The mounting plate snaps on the hinge and can be removed from the hinge by pressing on a small lever.
- The hinges are adjustable after installation (in and out, up and down, and side to side) by means of three cam screws.
- Blum medicine cabinet hardware is sold by the set. Each set includes one hinge, one mounting plate, and four screws for wood or metal.
- Most medicine cabinet doors will need two sets per door.
- Hinge cup fits into a 26mm diameter hole (slightly larger than 1", measures 1.016").
- The screw hole center-to-center dimension for the hinge screws is 1-1/2".
- The screw hole center-to-center dimension for the mounting plate screws is 1-1/4".
How to Size Your Hinge System
- Make sure your current hinge matches the dimensions above. If you have a wood cabinet it is possible to fill and redrill your existing screw holes if necessary. If you have metal cabinets, your current installation dimensions must match exactly.
- Measure your pivot point height using the upper pivot point. See the link below for instructions on how to measure this.
- Find your pivot point in the list below. The best choice will be the one where your pivot point falls in the middle of the pivot point ranges.
- Select the hinge and mounting plate listed next to your pivot point from the drop downs above.
|Pivot Height||Hinge||Mounting Plate|
|3/8" to 5/8"||Straight Arm Hinge||0mm mounting plate|
|7/16" to 3/4"||Straight Arm Hinge||3mm mounting plate|
|9/16" to 7/8"||Straight Arm Hinge||6mm mounting plate|
|11/16" to 1"||Half Cranked Hinge||0mm mounting plate|
|13/16" to 1-1/8"||Half Cranked Hinge||3mm mounting plate|
|15/16" to 1-1/4"||Half Cranked Hinge||6mm mounting plate|
|1-1/16" to 1-3/8"||Full Cranked Hinge||0mm mounting plate|
|1-3/16" to 1-1/2"||Full Cranked Hinge||3mm mounting plate|
|1-1/4" to 1-5/8"||Full Cranked Hinge||6mm mounting plate|
|1-3/8" to 1-3/4"||Full Cranked Hinge||9mm mounting plate|
|1-3/4" to 2-1/16"||Full Cranked Hinge||18mm mounting plate|
Replacing Medicine Cabinet Hinges
- When replacing hinges on a medicine cabinet it is necessary to replace all the hinges and mounting plates on any for that are you are working on. Mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding problems because they may have slightly different articulations.
- The hinge and mounting plate combination that you receive may look slightly different than what you see in the above image. To achieve all of the different pivot point heights we use three different hinge types and five different mounting plate heights.
|Cabinet Door Type||Flush Inset,Half Overlay,Full Overlay,Medicine Cabinet|
|Model Number||Straight Arm Hinge: 71T0550
Half Crank Hinge: 71T0650
Full Crank Hinge: 71T0750
0mm Plate: 175H7100
3mm Plate: 175H7130
6mm Plate: 175H9160
9mm Plate: 175H7190
18mm Plate: 175H919.22
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Four #6 x 5/8" wood screws for the hinge and mounting plate|
|Opening Angle||95 Degrees|
|Plate Connection Type||Clip-On|
|Screw Hole Spacing||38mm (1-1/2")|
ReviewsYou're reviewing 26mm Medicine Cabinet Hinge
No Reviews Yet
1 Question asked about 26mm Medicine Cabinet Hinge
Q Robert Weyant • 11/18/2018, 12:50:24 PM For the 26mm Medicine Cabinet hinge 71T0550 for frameless full inset flush self closing application, is the mounting plate required a 0mm or a 3mm mounting plate with a door thickness of 3/4" ? Thanks for your answer in advance.
A 11/19/2018, 12:42:30 PM Hi Robert! For a Frameless Inset cabinet application you would use the Full Crank Hinge with 0mm Mounting Plate. You can view/purchase these through the link below; https://www.hardwaresource.com/blum-mini-hinge-for-frameless-inset-cabinets-bundle.html