- A 3/8" partial inset door is a door which partially insets into the cabinet opening and partially overlays the cabinet opening.
- The door has a "rabbetted edge". The inset dimension measures 3/8" and the lip dimension measures 3/8".
- This hinge is made for doors that are 3/4" thick.
- The pivot point installs in a slot (approximately 1/4") cut into the door lip. When the door is closed, this slot is only visible from the side, and not from the front of the cabinet.
- This hinge is a replica of a hinge that was once made by Amerock. It was Amerock's 1247 hinge and was available in two finishes: Burnished Brass and Zinc Chromate.
- The hinge is sold by the pair. A pair includes a "Left Hand" hinge and a "Right Hand" hinge.
- This partial inset cabinet hinges can be used on doors that swing horizontally or doors that swing vertically.
- The bottom hinge leaf normally attaches to the edge of the face frame.
- The top leaf normally attaches to the back of the door.
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing 1247 Pivot Hinge for 3/8" Partial Inset Doors
No Reviews Yet
3 Questions asked about 1247 Pivot Hinge for 3/8" Partial Inset Doors
Q Steve Soffer • 02/25/2018, 11:28:49 AM Hello, I am looking for replacement of Amerock cabinet hinges model 1272. Is your product 1247 Pivot Hinge for 3/8" Partial Inset Doors a replacement for Amerock 1272? If not, is there another product you sell that can serve as a replacement? Thank you.
A 02/27/2018, 12:12:47 PM We are unable to reference that older Amerock part number, but it sounds like it is an item that was discontinued. This hinge will not replace it, but you may be able to get a Youngdale Hinge to work as a replacement. You would just need to know your door thickness and the overlay. You can see how to measure your overlay here: https://www.hardwaresource.com/how-to-measure-your-overlay Youngdale Hinges: https://www.hardwaresource.com/cabinet/cabinet-hinges/youngdale-hinges.html
Q connie Kenney • 08/14/2018, 4:06:56 PM Are there directions on how to make the slot in the cabinet door?
A 08/15/2018, 8:34:09 AM The pivot point installs in a slot (approximately 1/4") cut into the door lip. When the door is closed, this slot is only visible from the side, and not from the front of the cabinet.
Q Cynthia Sheehan • 08/20/2018, 7:03:19 PM How far (what degree) do these doors open?
A 08/21/2018, 8:31:19 AM Hi Cynthia! These hinges should get close to opening 180 degrees on a cabinet application.