- Double and triple weight steel weld-on prison hinges.
- Made for very heavy doors such as prison doors, lead-lined x-ray room doors, and other exceptionally heavy doors.
- Also for hinged cell-front doors and grated steel doors of penitentiaries, jails, reformatories, etc.
- Made from steel with welded pin. Phosphated and prime coated for painting.
- Hinge pin is on solid piece of steel welded at both ends making pin removable impossible.
- Features two concealed ball bearings assemblies with hardened raceways.
- Rolled knuckles are welded and machined.
- Hinge is not swagged. Made for full surface installation (not for mortise installations)
- Lubrication port in barrel of hinge.
- Note: Weight rating is based on a door that is 7' H x 3' W using three hinges.
- Made of double weight steel capable of carrying doors weighing up to 800 lb per three hinges.
- Each hinge leaf is 5" H x 2-7/16" W.
- Pin diameter is 1/2". Barrell diameter is 1".
- Leaf thickness is 9/32" (7.1mm).
- Each bearing contains sixteen 1/8" (3.2mm) hardened and ground steel balls which are assembled within a jacket.
- Made of triple weight steel capable of carrying doors weighing up to 2000 lb per three hinges.
- Each hinge leaf is 5" H x 2-3/16" W.
- Pin diameter is 3/4". Barrel diameter is 1-7/16"
- Leaf thickness is 3/8" (9.5mm).
- Each bearing contains sixteen 3/16" (4.8mm) hardened and ground steel balls assembled within a jacket.
The weld-on prison hinge is made for heavy doors in locations such as prisons, x-ray rooms, detention centers, and jails. These double and triple weight steel hinges are tamper-resistant, built with a welded pin that is impossible to remove. Whether you’re installing a new door or replacing faulty or old hinges, these will last for years to come.
Weld-on prison hinges are designed with tampering in mind. These options feature a hinge pin that’s solid steel welded at both ends. Because of this, removing the hinge pin to break down the door simply can’t happen. The weld-on prison hinge also features two concealed ball bearing assemblies with hardened raceways, as well as welded and machined rolled knuckles. The hinge is not swagged, so it cannot be mortise installed. The lubrication area is located in the barrel of the hinge. There are two models to choose from – the 800 lb. and 2,000 lb. Here are the specifications for each of these weld-on hinges:
800 lb. Model:
- Made of double weight steel capable of carrying doors weighing up to 800 lbs. per three hinges.
- Overall height by width is 5” x 6”.
- Each hinge leaf is 5” H x 2-7/16” W.
- The pin diameter is ½” and the barrel diameter is 1”.
- The leaf thickness is 9/32” (7.1mm).
- Each bearing contains sixteen 1/8” (3.2mm) hardened and ground steel balls which are assembled within a jacket.
2,000 lb. Model:
- Made of triple weight steel capable of carrying doors weighing up to 2,000 lbs. per three hinges.
- Overall height by width is 5” x 6”.
- Each hinge leaf is 5” H x 2-3/16” W.
- The pin diameter is ¾” and the barrel diameter is 1 7/16”.
- The leaf thickness is 3/8” (9.5mm).
- Each bearing contains sixteen 3/16” (4.8mm) hardened and ground steel balls assembled within a jacket.
Please note that these weight ratings are based on a door that is 7’ x 3’ using three weld-on prison hinges.
Once we’ve received your order, we’ll have your prison hinges shipped within the next business day. Use the LiveChat system on our website to speak directly with one of our online agents should you have quick questions. If you have any other questions about our weld-on prison hinge options or would like to learn more about our massive selection of hinges, please feel free to contact us for additional information.
|Finish Name||Primed for Painting|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Weld-On Prison Hinge
1 Question asked about Weld-On Prison Hinge