- Twin sash balances are used on double hung wood sash windows.
- A sash balance counterbalances the weight of your sash window. Makes raising and lowering the window easy and helps to hold it in place when the window is open.
- Sash balances replace the older window system of sash cord, weights and pulleys.
- A twin sash balance is made up of two spring loaded wires and two cable feet per balance. The cable feet attach to the bottom corner of the sash window.
- Each sash balance has a weight rating (usually stamped on the sheet metal housing of the balance). When replacing a broken sash balance make sure to replace your old balance with the same weight rating.
- Lighter weight windows may only require one sash balance. Heavier windows will require two. See chart at link below for more specific information.
- Sash balance measures 7.5" by 3.25" by 3/4".
- Fastening nails, tension spring guides and installation instructions are included.
|Finish Name||Natural Steel|
|Length||7 - 1/2"|
|Width||3 - 1/4"|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Twin Sash Balance
No Reviews Yet
1 Question asked about Twin Sash Balance
Q Ralph rangel • 02/17/2019, 8:54:51 AM My DH windows are are over70 years old. My sash track is a little less than 2" wide (each sash), but your sash balance is indicated to be 31/4" wide. The "installation diagram" you provide is not clear. Can I use this product on my windows, because I want get rid of the cast iron counterweights.
A 02/18/2019, 9:41:57 AM So because your sash tracks are 2" wide each, you have a total of 4" to work with, and yes that product should work just fine for you Ralph.