- Tru-Close heavy duty round post hinges are designed to fit a wide range of common round-posted gates and fences.
- Creates a self-closing gate where no gate closer is necessary. The spring tension is easily adjustable.
- Made from a high-tech polymer (UV stabilized) for excellent weather resistance. Springs and internal parts are stainless steel. Hinge is self-lubricating.
- Each pair of TruClose gate hinges are packaged as a kit which includes shims, adapters, instructions, and fastening screws.
- These hinges have been independently tested to comply with strict safety standards, especially those relating to stringent swimming pool safety codes (always check with your building department for your local building code requirements)
Small Diameter Model:
- Fits post diameters of 1-7/8" to 2", 2-3/8", and 2-7/8".
- Fits gate frame diameters of 1-3/8" and 1-5/8".
- Hinge measures approximately 5" tall by 4" wide.
Large Diameter Model:
- Fits post diameters of 1-7/8" to 2" and 2-7/8".
- Fits gate frame diameters of 1-7/8" to 2".
- Hinge measures approximately 5" tall by 4-1/2" wide.
|Manufacturer||D & D Technologies|
|Model Number||Small Post Diameter: TCHDRND1S3
Large Post Diameter: TCHDRND2S3
|Spring Hinge Type||
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
You're reviewing TruClose Heavy Duty Round Post Spring Hinge
5/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
cliffk | June 5th, 2018
I've used these for custom fabricated, self closing safety gates in industrial facilities like fish hatcheries and hydroelectric powerhouses. They work great and nest into round pipe nicely.
3 Questions asked about TruClose Heavy Duty Round Post Spring Hinge
Q Frank Fisher • 01/24/2018, 11:22:38 AM Are the TCHDRND1-MK2 Tru- Close, Round Post Hinges, ADA Approved ?
A 01/24/2018, 1:20:00 PM The Tru-Close line of hinges is not ADA Approved, but the Sure-Close hinges by D&D Technologies are. You can see those hinges here: https://www.hardwaresource.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Sure+Close
Q Arnold • 03/21/2018, 2:42:23 PM How is the spring closing tension adjusted?
A 03/21/2018, 3:26:33 PM Hi Arnold! The cover at the top is removed and adjusted with a slot-head screwdriver. We'll provide a link to the installation instructions and reference #8. https://www.hardwaresource.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/2279/product_id/9955/
Q Michael M • 08/21/2018, 3:42:23 AM Do have a true close hinge that allows the door to swing both ways for a chain link gate?
A 08/21/2018, 10:48:15 AM Hi Michael! They do not make a TruClose Spring Hinge that would swing in both directions unfortunately.