- This gate thumb latch works for both in-swinging and out-swinging gates.
- For gate thickness of 1-1/2" to 3".
- For right or left hand installations.
- Our thumb latch gate hardware features a triple protected finish (zinc plate, black chromate dip, and black paint).
- Padlock eye for optional extra security (padlock not included).
- Latch and strike measure about 7-1/2" wide.
- This is the only thumb latch that we know of that will work for out-swinging gates. If you would like a nicer thumb latch it is possible to combine the inside latching mechanism of this latch with the outside handle of our SKU 778013. To do this you would have to order both complete latches.
|Gate Latch Type||
|Door Thickness||1 - 1/2" to 3" Maximum|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Thumb Latch for In-Swinging or Out-Swinging Gates
No Reviews Yet
2 Questions asked about Thumb Latch for In-Swinging or Out-Swinging Gates
Q Susan McGowan • 06/25/2018, 2:22:44 AM I purchased the gate thumb latch SKU 504145 and it arrived without installation instructions. I would like a diagram or step-by-step instructions on how to install the product. Thanks.
A 06/25/2018, 8:45:31 AM Hi Susan! Unfortunately the manufacturer does not include any instructions in the packaging or on their website in regards to this hinge. Here's a link to an image that should help in the installation of this that another online retailer has on their website. https://www.hooverfence.com/mas_assets/theme/hooverfence/images/pdp/installation-guide-NW38306A-38307-P.jpg
Q Louis Savard • 07/11/2018, 9:45:22 AM your description mentions that this is the only latch for outswinging gates. Can you describe the installation before I make the purchase? Thank you
A 07/13/2018, 8:56:17 AM Hi Louis! Boring the hole through the gate on the push side for the handle and thumb latch to go through. Installing the strike and latch bar on the pull side gate/post so the gate can open. The outside latch can have a padlock put on it as well. The manufacturer unfortunately doesn't have readily available installation instructions on their website or else I could provide a direct link to those as well.