- It is known as a "Secret Gate Latch" or "Bankers Latch".
- Used in banks, offices, restaurants and bars as a latch to secure a hinged countertop.
- Can also be used on gates and doors that swing horizontally.
- Because the button to unlatch it is not obvious it acts as a low security device.
- It can be used on any hinged device where you can reach around and access the button on the latch.
- Made from aluminum with some steel parts.
- Polished chrome secret latch is reversible (open device and flip latch over to reverse)
- Gap must be no more than 1/4" for latch to work.
INSTALLATION NOTE: If the latch is used on a lift-up countertop, the installation requires that you reverse the latch so that it acts like a dead bolt rather than an auto retracting latch. This is necessary for lift-up installations because the bolt helps to support the non-hinged end of the countertop when it is in the down or closed position. This also means that when the countertop is closed, you must push the latch button so that you are manually retracting the latch or bolt.
|Length||Latch = 3 - 1/2" , Strike = 3/4"|
|Width||Latch = 2" , Strike = 2"|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Oval head screws are included|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|