- Bolt-On Hinge is designed to attach to a flat gate frame and strap around posts that range from 3-1/2" to 4" diameter.
- Features two sealed roller bearings, no greasing required/
- The pivot arm has an oval slot for adjustability (1/2" adjustable) of the gap between the gate frame and post after installation.
- Fits 4" diameter round post.
- Gate frame mounting bracket measures 7.5" tall by 1.5" wide.
- Gate frame mounting bracket and round strap material is 1/4" thick.
- Gap between gate frame and post is adjustable between 2.9" and 3.4".
- See the document found under Downloads for a detailed dimensional diagram.
- Uses two each 5/8" diameter lag bolts or hex head through bolts to install the hinge to the gate frame. These must be purchase through an alternate source.
- Uses two 1/2" by 2" hex head bolts to secure the strap around the post. These fasteners are included.
- Through bolting is recommended.
Do you need a new pivot hinge for your gates on commercial or residential property? The round post, bolt-on pivot hinge, 4" model, zinc chromate option is designed for flat gate frames. With a weight rating of 1,000 lbs. per pair, these will be able to handle virtually any flat gate!
These bolt-on pivot hinges strap around gate posts that range from 3 1/2" to 4" in diameter. The gate frame mounting bracket measures 7.5" tall by 1.5" wide. The mounting bracket and round strap have a thickness of 1/4". Before installing, the gap between the gate frame and post is adjustable and from 2.9" to 3.4". The round straps will easily fit around 4" round posts. Wider posts will need a different pivot hinge. Instead of using grease, these round posts, bolt-on pivot hinge, 4" model, zinc chromate options feature two sealed roller bearings that control movement, so you'll never have to worry about re-greasing in the future. The pivot arm has an oval slot for adjustment up to 1/2" of the gap between the gate frame and post after you've installed it. We include two 1/2" x 2" hex head bolts to secure the strap around the post. However, you will need to separately purchase two 5/8" diameter lag bolts or hex head through-bolts to install the hinge to the gate frame. For this install, we recommend through bolting. For specifics on the round post, bolt-on pivot hinge, 4" model, zinc chromate option, download the Dimensional Diagram located on this page. Please note that these hinges are sold individually, not in pairs.
Once you've placed your order, we'll have your pivot hinges shipped within the next business day. Should you have questions before purchase, please use the LiveChat system on your website to speak directly with one of our online agents. If these aren't the right hinges for you, they'll help you find others that will work. If you have any other questions about the round post, bolt-on pivot hinge, 4" model, zinc chromate option or would like to learn more about our wide inventory of pivot hinges, please feel free to contact us for additional information.
|Weight Rating||1000 lb per pair|
|Heavy Duty Hinge Type||
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Two 5/8" Diameter Lag Bolts or Hex Bolts|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
1 Question asked about Round Post Bolt-On Pivot Hinge, 4" Model, Zinc Chromate