Grass 830 and 831 hinges were discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available. This page will show you how to replace your obsolete Grass hinges with new Compact 33 hinges and new mounting plates.
Information on Grass 830 & 831 Hinges
- Grass 830 hinges were for 5/8" thick doors and open 120 degrees.
- Grass 831 hinges were for 3/4" thick doors and open 105 degrees.
- Both hinges had a 35mm cup diameter.
- Both hinges had a 1/8" bore distance
Replacing Grass 830 & 831 Hinges Using Compact 33 Hinges
- The Blum Compact 33 hinge is the replacement for these hinges.
- The Compact 33 will fit into the same 35mm cup drilled into the back of your door.
- You will need to redrill the small screw holes. Your old screw holes may be left exposed and may need filling if desired.
How to Order and Select the Correct Compact 33 Mounting Plate
- For each door that you are working on you will need to order 2 new Compact 33 hinges and 2 new Compact 33 mounting plates. Hinges from different manufacturers articulate differently and mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding. Your existing Grass mounting plates will not work with the new Compact 33 hinges, so be sure to order new mounting plates with your hinges.
There are two methods to choose your replacement mounting plate:
- Method 1: If there is a number stamped on your current mounting plate, use the chart below called "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart" and choose the proper mounting plate.
- Method 2: If there is no number stamped on your mounting plate, first measure your overlay (click here for instructions, also found under the resources tab) and then use the chart below, "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart", to match up your overlay dimension with the proper new mounting plate.
|Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart|
|Number on Grass Mounting Plate||Door Overlay||Purchase this Replacement Mounting Plate|
|Finish Name||Satin Nickel|
|Cabinet Door Type||
Face Mount (1-3/8" or greater)
|Plate Connection Type||Screw-On|
|Opening Angle||110 Degrees|
|Screw Hole Spacing||45mm (1-3/4")|
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Four #6 x 5/8" Wood Screws For The Hinge and Mounting Plate.|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
6 Questions asked about Replacements for Grass 830 and 831 Hinges