SSP hinges by Grass and Mepla are no longer available. Please read on to find out about the replacement hinge.
- These hinges were originally produced by Mepla and then by Grass when they bought out Mepla.
- There is a Grass hinge that may be used as a replacement if you have broken or missing SSP hinges.
- Please click on the link for instructions on how to replace these SSP hinges.
- If your doors are 3/4" thick then there is a kit you can buy that will replace both hinges, included in the kit are 2 hinges, 2 mounting plates, screws, instructions and 2 wooden plugs needed to fill the old holes. The replacement hinge kit is our SKU 701192.
- If your door is a thickness other than 3/4" thick then you will need to order our customizable bundle (SKU B10135). Unfortunately, Grass does not sell the wooden plugs separately so you will have to make them using a hole saw or a plug cutter.
- Please reference the document under the Downloads section for detailed replacement instructions.
- You will need to replace both hinges and both mounting plates on the door.
- The replacement job does require some woodworking skills to accomplish.
- Wood plugs needed to fill the existing holes need to be supplied by the installer of the hinge
- If you order our Hinge Kit (SKU 701192), wood plugs are included in the kit.
- If you order the customizable bundle (SKU B10135) you will need to make your own wood plugs as they are not included. They can be cut out of scrap lumber with a hole saw and ground down or sanded to fit. Install in the old hole using a wood clamp and wood glue.