- Made in the USA
- Double acting spring hinges allow the door to open 180 degrees in either direction and spring action returns door to center closed position.
- Saloon Door Hinges is another name for these hinges.
- Spring tension is adjustable.
- The manufacturer recommends using three hinges per door for heavier doors. Two hinges may be used for lighter doors. See the document found under Downloads for more specific information. If three hinges are used the center hinge should be installed as close as possible to the top hinge for maximum support.
- "Size" is the height of the plate that mounts on the door and jamb.
- Gap if not mortised: .250"
- Max door thickness: 1"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 39 lbs
- Gap if not mortised: .283"
- Max door thickness: 1-1/4"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 75 lbs
- Gap if not mortised: .297"
- Max door thickness: 1-1/2"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 93 lbs
|Spring Hinge Type||
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
You're reviewing Medium Duty Double Acting Spring Hinge
No Reviews Yet
1 Question asked about Medium Duty Double Acting Spring Hinge
Q John Poseley • 05/19/2018, 5:01:19 PM Is the 4" model suitable for exterior use? Thanks
A 05/21/2018, 8:49:49 AM Unfortunately all of our double acting spring hinges are just made out of steel, so if you are near the ocean they will corrode somewhat quickly. If you are not near the ocean, they should last much longer in an exterior application.