Please note: Our current stock for the large model (783002) has a slight defect. The J-bolt washer is normally ground flat on one side to allow the J-bolt to pass by the post side hex bolt once installed. The washer on our current stock is not ground down enough to clear the hex bolt. If using hex bolts to mount this hinge to the gate post, you will need to grind or cut down the washer further. If you are welding this hinge on then this is a non-issue.
View the video found under the product photos or under product downloads for further info. You can also CLICK HERE to view this video.
- This is a very heavy duty hinge specially made for heavy gates and doors.
- This heavy duty J bolt gate hinge will swing a full 180 degrees if installed without a stop.
- Hinge is made up of a mounting plate (flange) and J-Bolt arm.
- Hinge pivots on a steel ball bearing and includes a grease fitting to keep the bearing lubricated.
- Weight Rating: 500 lb per pair
- Arm Size: 5/8" x 5"
- Plate size: 6" x 1" x 3/8"
- Screw hole center to center: 4-13/16"
- Minimum gap between post and edge of gate frame: 2-1/2"
- Maximum spread between two nuts on threaded bolt: 2-3/4"
- Thread size: 5/8 - 11
- Weight Rating: 900 lb per pair
- Arm size: 3/4" x 7"
- Plate size: 7" x 1-1/2" x 3/8"
- Screw hole center to center: 5-3/4"
- Minimum gap between post and edge of gate frame: 3-1/8"
- Maximum spread between two nuts on threaded bolt: 4-1/4"
- Thread Size: 3/4 - 10
|Heavy Duty Hinge Type||
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Two 3/8" Lag Screws or Bolts|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
6 Questions asked about Heavy Duty J Bolt Hinge