- For cafe and louvered doors.
- Hinges are double acting, they swing 90 degrees in each direction.
- The hold open model will hold the door open to about 90 degrees in either direction.
- They work by gravity, the weight of the door acts to return the door to the center closed position.
- Hinges are non-handed, they work on both right hand and left hand doors.
- Maximum door width is 30".
- For doors 7/8" to 1-5/8" thick.
- Order one set per door.
- PLEASE NOTE: The internal parts of this hinge are nylon. The nut on the bottom of this hinge should be "hand tightened" only. Do not tighten with a wrench.
|Weight Rating||50 lbs Per Set|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
You're reviewing Gravity Cafe Pivot Set
No Reviews Yet
4 Questions asked about Gravity Cafe Pivot Set
Q randy wagner • 12/28/2017, 10:29:14 PM How much distance is required between bottom of door and floor, and between top of door and the "header"?
A 12/29/2017, 2:14:09 PM You will need at least 1-13/16" up at the top and 2-1/2" at the bottom, although you could mortise the bottom piece into the door if you wanted, as shown on the manufacturer's specification drawing here: https://www.bommer.com/images/templates/7512-T.pdf
Q Pat Bashaw • 06/20/2018, 8:24:38 AM Can these hinges be used on full size interior doors?
A 06/20/2018, 1:41:23 PM Hi Pat! This is generally used on half/saloon/louvered doors and not full size doors.
Q Samuel W. LaDuca • 08/21/2018, 1:03:07 PM I need to modify a door with a curved top to accept the top hinge. Is there a mechanical diagram of the hinge available? Or, what are the dimensions of the top plate pieces?
A 08/21/2018, 2:23:21 PM Hi Samuel! Here's a link to the template from Bommer's website for additional information. https://www.bommer.com/images/templates/7512-T.pdf
Q Elaine Hallett • 10/24/2020, 2:09:00 PM We want to use a hinge such as this on 2 pairs of 1 3/8" oak cafe doors. Our builder is wondering if he must round the corners of the doors to allow for the pivot action once mounted?
A 10/26/2020, 8:10:46 AM Rounding the corners of your doors will not be necessary when using that Gravity Cafe Pivot Set.