- UL Listed
- UL Fire Rated
- UL Rated for 50 volts AC/DC at 3.5 amp continuous and 16 amp pulse (maximum pulse width: 400msec with 10sec minimum off time between pulses)
- 4 wires per hinge. Other wire configurations are available by special order. Contact us for more info.
- When installing an electric hinge, it must be placed as the middle hinge only.
- All electrified hinges have fixed pins. The hinge pin is not removable.
- A mortar guard is required for all applications which have a grout-filled door frame. This may be special ordered if necessary. Failure to install a mortar guard for this application will void any warranty on these hinges.
- These hinges are sold by the each. You would normally order one electrified hinge and two (or more) non-electrified hinges per door.
When security is a major priority, allow the hinges to help keep your family, inventory, or personal items safe from theft with electrified steel butt hinges. These allow a low voltage electric current to pass from the door frame leaf to the door side leaf of a standard architectural grade hinge. You'll be able to control various electric items on the door such as electric locks, access control devices, and alarms.
The electrified steel butt hinge is a powerful addition to your doors. The wiring is completely concealed when the door is closed. There are four wires per hinge, however, other configurations are available by special order. The hinge is UL Listed, UL Fire Rated, and UL Rated for 50 volts AC/DC at 3.5 amp continuous and 16 amp pulse (maximum pulse width: 400msec with 10sec minimum off time between pulses). This option is also a ball bearing hinge, which is perfect for doors with door closers. With ratings and features like these, homeowners and builders alike will enjoy the usefulness and security that these steel hinges will provide.
It's important to note a few things about the electrified steel butt hinge. These are meant to only be used as the middle hinge, with two non-electrified hinges on either side. Since all electrified hinges have fixed pins, the hinge pin is NOT removable. A mortar guard is required for all applications which have a grout-filled door frame. Failure to install a mortar guard for this application will void any warranty on these hinges. This may be special ordered if necessary. The mounting hardware, which includes matching wood screws, comes with every hinge.
The electrified steel butt hinge is sold individually, as it will be used as such. Need a few questions answered before you purchase? Speak with one of our line agents directly via the LiveChat system on our website. These hinges are in stock and ready to ship out by the next business day. If you have any other questions about the electrified steel butt hinge or would like to learn more about our wide range of butt hinges, please feel free to contact us for additional information.
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching wood screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|