- Made in the USA
- Double acting spring hinges allow the door to open 180 degrees in either direction and spring action returns door to center closed position.
- Saloon Door Hinges is another name for these hinges.
- Spring tension is adjustable.
- The manufacturer recommends using three hinges per door for heavier doors. Two hinges may be used for lighter doors. Click on the link below for more specific information. If three hinges are used the center hinge should be installed as close as possible to the top hinge for maximum support.
- "Size" is the height of the plate that mounts on the door and jamb.
- Gap size if not mortised: .297"
- Max door thickness: 1-1/2"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 93 lbs.
- Gap size if not mortised: .325"
- Max door thickness: 1-3/4"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 107 lbs.
- Gap size if not mortised: .352"
- Max door thickness: 2"
- Weight rating per three hinges: 120 lbs.
|Spring Hinge Type||
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Mounting Hardware Type||Matching Wood Screws|
|California Residents||Prop 65 Warning|
ReviewsYou're reviewing Double Acting Ball Tip Spring Hinge
No Reviews Yet
5 Questions asked about Double Acting Ball Tip Spring Hinge
Q Jaime Aquino • 01/12/2018, 8:44:04 AM Do these hinges hold open the doors? If so at what degree (90 or 180)?
A 01/12/2018, 12:05:40 PM Hello Jaime, No, these hinges do not Hold-Open.
Q Jon • 02/24/2018, 5:16:07 PM How to adjust double spring door hindge
A 02/26/2018, 4:40:51 PM You can adjust the tension by putting the included tension rod into the holes at the top of the hinge and cranking them left and right.
Q Jon • 02/24/2018, 5:19:55 PM How to install a double door hindge
A 02/26/2018, 3:57:53 PM Hi Jon. One plate of this hinge is screwed into the door. Another is screwed into the jamb. You can see more details at the links below. https://www.hardwaresource.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/2149/product_id/9767/ https://www.hardwaresource.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/2150/product_id/9767/
Q david archambault • 11/10/2018, 7:45:27 AM Why is there a minimum door height?
A 11/12/2018, 8:53:06 AM Its really just a guideline for a door size that will best suit those hinges. Though, We've seen these hinges work on doors under those guideline sizes all the time.
Q Bill Richards • 12/17/2018, 5:39:27 PM how to take tension off installed hinge?
A 12/18/2018, 9:10:01 AM We do have some Bommer Spring Tension Instructions below that should help you with that. https://www.hardwaresource.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/1266/product_id/9277/