- Youngdale cabinet hinges are an excellent alternative to European style hinges. New installations are much easier than European style hinges. A table saw and some moderate woodworking skills are all that is required.
- The hinge is completely hidden in frontal view. A saw cut is required in the edge of the cabinet door which is only visible from the side view.
- Youngdale hinges are self-closing and will work for both face-frame and frameless hinges.
- With the exception of the #65 hinge, Youngdale hinges are not handed. The same hinge will work on either a left or right hand door.
- The door opening angle and other functionality varies with the door thickness.
- Style #3 is for a 1/4" overlay door with a 1/2" minimum door thickness.
- Style #5 is for a 1/4" overlay door with a 5/8" minimum door thickness.
- Style #65 is for a 1/2" overlay door with a 1/2" minimum door thickness.
- Style #6 is for a 1/2" overlay door with a 5/8" minimum door thickness.
- Style #8 is for a 5/8" overlay door with a 3/4" minimum door thickness.
- Style #4 is for a 3/8" partial inset door (lipped door)
If you are replacing existing Youngdale cabinet hinge, your hinge style will be stamped on the body of your hinge.
Youngdale #7 Hinges
Youngdale #7 hinges have not been produced in over 20 years and are no longer available. You can replace Youngdale #7 hinges with Youngdale #6 hinges, the only difference will be a slightly less opening angle.
Youngdale #65SR Hinges
Youngdale #65SR hinges were made specifically for Schrock brand cabinets and are no longer available. You can substitute #65SR hinges with our #65 hinges, however, the screw holes will need to be redrilled. To do this, drill out the old holes so a hardwood dowel can be inserted into them and flush cut. This will allow you to redrill the new screw holes. It is the only solution to this problem.
Please note these hinges are sold by the pair (two complete hinges).
|Youngdale Style #||#5|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
ReviewsYou're reviewing #5 Youngdale Hinge
5 Questions asked about #5 Youngdale Hinge