European Hinges - Blum Hinges
- European hinges are the most modern form of cabinet hinge
- They usually give a completely concealed installation.
- European hinges can be installed on frameless cabinets and face frame cabinets
- European hinges can be installed on inset doors, overlay doors and partial inset doors.
- We have over 200 different European Style Hinges in this section.
Blum Compact 33 Hinges and Mounting Plates
- Blum Compact 33 hinges are the most popular choice of hinges for American style face frame cabinets.
- The Blum Compact 33 hinge is a two part hinge made up of the hinge and a mounting plate.
- There are 9 different edge mount plates which accomodate door overlays of 1/4" to 1-5/8".
- There is also a special Face Mount plate which allows any overlay of more than 1-3/8". The face mount plate mounts to the face of the cabinet.
Compact European Face Frame Hinges (one piece)
- One Piece Compact European hinges are compact European hinges used on face frame cabinets.
- They are one piece hinges. This means that the mounting plate is not removable from the hinge.
- The are available in a limited number of door overlay sizes.
Blum 110 Degree Hinges
- Blums 110 degree hinges are Blum's most popular line of Standard European hinges
- Straight Arm Hinge for Overlay Doors (for both Face Frame and Frameless Cabinets)
- Half Cranked Hinge for Back-to-Back Doors and Inset Doors on a Face Frame Cabinet
- Full Cranked Hinge for Inset Doors on a Frameless Cabinet
- Blum's new 110+ hinge (allows for a slightly larger overlay and can be used in combination withBlums Blumotion Hinge)
Blum 170 Degree Hinges
- Blum's line of 170 Degree Hinges
- Blums 170 Degree Hinges will replace just about any brand of current or obsolete 170 degree Hinge
- Clip Top hinges "snap" on to the mounting plate
- Straight arm style for overlay doors, both face frame and frameless cabinets
- Half crank style for inset and back-to-back doors on frameless cabinets and inset doors on frameless cabinets
- Blum's older style Modul hinge slides on to mounting plate and secures with a screw
- For Frameless Cabinets
- For Face Frame Cabinets
- Clip Top hinges "snap" on to the mounting plate
Mounting Plates for Blum Hinges
- Mounting plates for Blum Hinges
- Includes Mounting plates for Face Frame and Frameless cabinets
- These mounting plates are for Blum's "Clip Top" hinges.
- Clip Top hinges attach to the mounting plate by "snapping" on, no screws are needed.
Blum Cover Caps, Cup Caps, Restriction Clips and Screws
- Accesories for Blum Hinges
- Cover caps, cup caps, screws, plastic dowels, restriction clips, and back to back screws
Blum Inserta Hinges
- Blum Inserta Hinges
- Inserta Hinges install without screws.
- There is a cover on the hinge cup that acts as a lever.
- The lever expands an anchoring device which secures the hinge.
- Also known as "Tool Free" or Tool Less" hinges.
European Style Hinges for Thick Doors
- Blum and Salice Brand European hinges made for doors that are thicker than normal.
- Available in Straight Arm, Half Cranked and Full Cranked styles.
Blumotion Soft Close for Cabinets
- When used with Blum hinges the Blumotion Soft Close device allows for a smooth, silent close, no matter how hard the door is closed.
- This section includes Blums new Clip Top Hinges with Built-In Blumotion.
Grass 830 and 831 Hinges
- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER:
- Grass 830 and 831 hinges were discontinued by the manufacturer years ago and are no longer available.
- This page will show you how to replace your obsolete Grass hinges with new Compact 33 hinges and new mounting plates.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must order both new hinges and new mounting plates. You cannot mix your existing Grass parts with the new Blum parts. You will need to replace all hinges and all plates on any door you are working on.
- Both hinge systems use a hinge that is made up of two separately ordered components:
- a hinge (our SKU 652276)
- a mounting plate (see below for info on how to choose your mounting plate)
- There are 10 possible, different mounting plates.
- 9 "Edge Mount" plates for overlays of 1/4" to 1-5/8". Edge mount plates attach to the edge of the cabinet face frame.
- 1 "Face Mount" plate for overlays of 1-3/8" or greater. The face mount plate attaches to the "face" of the cabinet face frame rather than the edge of the cabinet face frame.
- If you click on the link below that says "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart, you can use the numbers stamped on your existing Grass mounting plate to convert to our Compact 33 mounting plate.
- Some Information about the old Grass 830/831 hinge system:
- Grass 830 hinges were for 5/8" thick doors and open 120 degrees.
- Grass 831 hinges were for 3/4" doors and open 105 degrees.
- The Compact 33 hinge will fit in the same 35mm cup that is drilled in the back of your door
- The 1/8" bore distance requirement is exactly the same.
- You will need to drill new wood screw holes.
- Your old screw holes may be left exposed and will need filling if desired.
- How to order
- The Compact 33 replacement hinge is our SKU 652276
- Use one of two methods to choose your replacement mounting plate:
- Method One: if there is a number stamped on your current mounting plate (for example 831-41) click on the link below called "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart" and use the chart to choose the proper mounting plate
- Method Two: if there is no number stamped on your mounting plate:
- First measure your door overlay. Click on the link below for instructions on how to measure your overlay.
- Second, click on the link below called "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart" and use the chart to match up your door overlay dimension with the proper new mounting plate SKU number.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: For each door that you are working on you will need to order 2 new Compact 33 hinges and 2 new Compact 33 mounting plates. Hinges from different manufacturers "articulate" differently and mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding. Your existing Grass mounting plates will not work with the new Compact 33 hinges, so be sure to order new mounting plates with your hinges.
Blum, 107, 120 and 155 Degree Hinges
- This section contains Blum's Clip Top Style Hinges for
- 107 Degree Opening
- 120 Degree Opening
- 155 Degree Opening
Generic European Style Hinges
- Generic (non-branded) low cost European style hinges.
- Available for overlay and inset doors.
- Available for frameless and face frame cabinets.
Salice Silentia Soft Close Hinges
- European hinges with a soft close action.
- When the door is pushed to close, the hinge decelerates the closing action.
- The decelerating system is completely hidden from view and fully integrated into the hinge components.
- Made by Salice.
- Available in 4 different models
- PLEASE NOTE:The straight arm model for frameless cabinets is available now. The other 3 models will be available soon.
Pie Cut Corner Hinges - Bi-Fold Door Hinges
- Hinges designed for kitchen corner cabinets where two folding doors close into a corner cabinet.
- Also known as
- Pie Cut Corner hinges or
- Bi-Fold door hinges.
Blum European Hinge for Inset Face Frame Doors
Stainless Steel European Hinges
Blum Mini Hinges (26mm)
- Blum Mini Hinges are for doors with a narrow style.
- An example of a narrow style might be on a glass door with a narrow frame (style) around the glass.
- These hinges use a 26mm cup drilled in the back of the door.26 mm is slightly larger than 1".
40mm European Hinges
Blum Blind Corner Hinges
European style cabinet hinges for "Blind Corners". Available in two types; Inset or Overlay.
Blum 45 Degree Hinge
Special Application European Hinges
European Hinges for special applications, includes the following hinge types
- Concealed hinges for 3/8" partial inset doors (conversion hinges, converts visible hinged doors to concealed hinge doors on 3/8" partial inset doors)
- Special profile hinge (for doors with special profiles or with special drilling requirements)
- Zero Protrusion Hinge (for doors which have roll-outs such as drawers or storage bins where you need the door to open such that it will not interfere with the drawer as it rolls out).
Mepla Tri-View Mirror Hinge
- Mepla hinge and mounting plate for medicine cabinets and mirror cabinets with wooden or steel doors.
- Also known as a Tri-View Mirror Hinge.
- Hinge is a concealed hinge.
- Mounts at the top and bottom part of the door.
- Self-locking, no cabinet catch is necessary.
- Opens to 90 degrees.
- Non-handed, installs on either a right hand or left hand door.
- Two models available, one for wood doors, one for metal doors.
- IMPORTANT FASTENER INFORMATION:
- Each hinge and mounting plate combination requires 3 screws
- One 4mm connecting screw which is included when you order the 207135 mounting plate. Screw connects mounting plate to hinge.
- One #4 pan head screw to mount the nylon cup to the door (not included but offered for purchase during checkout when you purchase either the wood door hinge or the metal door hinge).
- One #6 flat head screw to mount the mounting plate to the side panel (not included but offered for purchase during checkout when you purchase the mounting plate).
- PLEASE NOTE: the #4 pan head screw and the #6 flat head screws are not included and must be ordered during checkout.
- Each hinge and mounting plate combination requires 3 screws
Blum European Glass Door Hinges
Medicine Cabinet Hinges
- Replacement hinges for medicine bathroom cabinets.
- Available in 3 cup sizes (26mm, 35mm and 40mm).
- Available in 16 different pivot heights.
- Hinge sets include the hinge, mounting plate and mounting screws.
Aximat Hinges and Mepla 270 Degree Institutional Hinges
- Hinges made by Aximat and Mepla
- These European style hinges are made for frameless cabinets.
- The Aximat full and half overlay and the Mepla Institutional allow the door to open 270 degrees. The Aximat inset hinge is for a 180 degree opening door.
Blum Modul Hinges
Blum Tip-On Touch Latch for Free Swinging Doors
- Blum Tip-On cabinet touch latches open your cabinet door when you give the door a gentle push inward.
- For use with free swinging hinges only.
- Not for use with self-closing hinges
- For self-closing doors see our SKU 268038
- The Tip-On latch will push the door open wider than most other touch type latches.
- To close cabinet door, simply push the door closed, a magnet at the end of the push rod will keep the door in the closed position.
- Made to be installed in frameless cabinets (cabinets without a face frame).
- May be installed in face frame cabinets by installing a block of wood behind the cabinet face frame.
- This product is sold in components. Please make sure to order one Tip-On and one Holder per door.
- The Tip-On is available in two sizes
- Standard Duty, SKU 268040 (for door heights less than 48")
- Heavy Duty, SKU 268041 (for door heights 48" or more)
- The Holder is available in two types
- Wing Type (2 attachment screw holes are visible), SKU 268043
- In-Line Type (screw holes are not visible), SKU 268042
- Tip on can be installed without a holder
- Drill a 10mm hole in the cabinet side panel
- Install the "Tip On" in the 10mm hole
- See Support Link below for more info on this installation method
- The Tip-On is available in two sizes
- Strike plates (a self sticking plate and a screw on plate and screw) are included with purchase of a Tip-On (SKU's 268040 or SKU 268401).
- Screws are not included for either of the Holders. They are offered for purchase during checkout. Order 2 each #6 flat head screws (SKU 652360) per holder.
Hole Plugs for European Hinges
- Hole plugs used to fill the hinge cup hole and the screw holes drilled in the back of the door for European hinges.
- Available in two sizes and two colors
- 35mm or 1-3/8" for the hinge cup
- 8mm or 5/16" for the holes drilled for the 8mm plastic dowels
- Plugs simply push in to existing holes and are held in by friction, can be glued in if desired (adhesive is not included).
- Made from nylon, with a textured surface.
- Sold by the "each".
Tools for European Hinges
Ikea Hinge by Blum
- Hinge is made by Blum and fits a piece of furniture made by Ikea with an aluminum frame and glass door.
- Product image shows one hinge and one mounting plate.
- This hinge is sold by the set.
- A set includes2 hinges,2 mounting plates,4 hinge screws and4 mounting plate screws and plastic anchors.
- Made from steel base material and nickel plated.
Tandem Plus Drawer Slides by Blum
- Blum's Standard Duty Tandem Plus Blumotion full extension concealed drawer slides.
- These drawer runners combine the smooth running action of Blum's Tandem drawer slides with the silent close of Blumotion.
- The Blumotion mechanism takes control of the drawer and brings it to a soft, quiet close every time.
- Features four dimensional adjustment, elongated holes for depth adjustment
- Top of the line concealed drawer runner mounts discreetly beneath the drawer. Perfect for high-end cabinetry.
- Load capacity 90 lbs. dynamic, 100 lbs. static.
- Made in the USA
- For drawers up to 5/8" material thickness
- For each drawer you are installing, order one pair of drawer runners, one Left Hand Locking Device, one Right Hand Locking Device and two Rear Mounting Brackets (Rear Mounting Brackets are not necessary for panel cabinet installation).
- To view components, click on link below.
- For face frame installation, you need 4 each #7 x 5/8" Flat Head Screws per runner pair
- For panel cabinet installation, you need 10 each #7 x 5/8" Flat Head Screws per runner pair
- For each locking device used, you need 2 each #6 x 1/2" pan head screws
- For each rear mounting bracket used, you need 2 each #6 x 1/2" pan head screws
- Screws are offered for purchase during checkout.
- Please note when comparing prices, that these are Blum's Tandem Plus drawer slides, they include Blum's Blumotion soft close feature. Tandem Plus slides are quite a bit more expensive than plain Tandem Slides. Tandem Slides do not include Blumotion.
Mitre Hinge for Doors and Flaps
- European style hinge for Doors and Drop Flaps with a mitred edge (45 degree mitre).
- Hinge fits into 35mm (1-3/8") cups drilled in the back of the doors. Click on link below for drilling diagram.
- Available in two models:
- SKU 796952 is a 90 degree opening model for doors and drop flaps
- SKU 796948 is a 135 degree opening model for doors
- Adjustable after installation:
- 3 mm in height
- 1.5 mm in depth
- 1.5 mm in width
- The hinge cup is made from zinc die-cast metal
- The hinge arms are made from steel
- The entire hinge is zinc chromate plated
- Each hinge uses 4 each, #6 flat head screws (our SKU 652360). Screws are not included but are offered for purchase during checkout.
- Made for the following Door, Drop Flap and Side Panel Thicknesses
- Door or Drop Flap thickness range of 16 to 22 mm (5/8" to 7/8")
- Side panel thickness range of 16 to 22 mm (5/8" to 7/8")
- This hinge is sold by the each. You will normally order 2 hinges for each door or flap.
- Click on links below for dimension, installation and adjustment information.
PLEASE NOTE: A Drop Flap normally needs a lid stay to help support the flap in the down position. This hinge is not meant to act as the only means of support for a Drop Flap.
5 Star Average
quick searchabilitiy to find product, easy to order and pay, delivery prompt see summary review ...
Thank you for helping us find the hinges no store had! We are were very happy to find the hinges we were looking for - they look great ...