accredited business BBB
Stainless Steel With Holes
Product Information & Specifications
- Stainless steel base material (type 304 stainless).
- Screw holes measure 2 inches center to center. Knuckle length is 1/2".
- Natural finish.
- Stainless steel offers superior strength to other materials. A good choice for any use where corrosion can be a problem.
- Screws are not included, but are offered for purchase during checkout. A full length of piano hinge uses about 72 screws per length.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ORDERING:
- REGARDING THE FINISH; this product is not a "decorative" product. It is a commercial grade product and as such will not have the finish of a beautifully finished interior grade stainless steel or the finish of a high polished marine grade product.
- REGARDING OUR CUTTING SERVICE;
- The first cut on each piece of hinge is free.
- Each additional cut is $6.00 (limit 5 cuts per hinge). This is expensive because stainless steel is tough and eats up expensive cutting blades fast.
- We will ship the remaining parts of any hinge that has been cut.
- Our cutting blade is approximately 1/16" thick so there is some loss of material with every cut made. For example, a hinge with 5 cuts made will lose 5/16" of material.
- The hinge knuckles on this product are spaced at 1/2" intervals. Please keep this in mind when sizing your cuts. It is best to ask for a cut at a joint or in the middle of a knuckle. That means that it is really best to ask for cuts that are sized to a whole inch, a 1/2 inch or a 1/4 inch (for example 12" or 12-1/2" or 12-1/4").
- Hinge that has been cut for you is absolutely not returnable and the order may not be canceled if it has already been cut. In order to meet our promise of "next working day shipping" we are sometimes cutting your hinge within 30 minutes after your order has been placed. If you need to change your order we need to hear from you within 30 minutes of the time the order has been placed. No changes or cancellations may be made after 30 minutes on any hinge cutting order.
- ACCURACY; we can only promise cutting accuracy to plus or minus 1/8".
- REGARDING SHIPPING;
- Piano hinge that is 52" or longer is considered "Oversize" by UPS. There is an additional $8.95 charge added to any piano hinge that is 52" or longer.
- You can save the $8.95 oversize shipping charge by having your hinge cut to a size below 52". If you order more than one hinge there is only one $8.95 charge per order.
Please Note: UPS does not guarantee delivery times on Next Day, 2nd Day or 3 Day shipments that are oversized. We do not recommend express delivery for piano hinges.