Large Spring Butt Hinges, Stainless Steel
Stainless steel spring loaded butt hinges. Available in 3-1/2 inch by 3-1/2, 4 inch by 4 inch, and 4-1/2 inch by 4-1/2 inch.
Spring Butt Hinges, Stainless Steel
- Stainless steel spring butt hinges.
- Spring tension is adjustable.
- Screw hole patterns conform to ANSI specifications for template hinges.
- Pivot point aligns with non-spring hinges of the same size.
- Screws are included.
- Photo to left shows hinge with the Bronze finish.
- PLEASE NOTE: Some of the models have a stainless steel spring and some of the models have a steel spring. The steel spring is coated with laquer which will offer protection but will eventually rust.
Maximum door weight using three spring hinges
- 4" - 110 lbs.
- 4-1/2" - 150 lbs.
- Satin Stainless Steel
No Mortise, Stainless Steel Spring Hinge
- No mortise style spring hinge.
- No mortise hinges require no cutting or mortising of the door or door frame.
- After installation, this hinge leaves only a 1/8" gap between the door and frame.
- Hinge is not handed, it will work on both right hand and left hand swinging doors.
- Adjustable tension.
- Hinge is made for 1-3/4" thick doors.
- Height is 4"
- Width of hinge leaf is 1-7/8"
- Click on link below for more complete dimension diagram.
- Made from stainless steel with a dull or satin finish.
- Stainless steel wood screws are included.
- PLEASE NOTE: the internal spring on this hinge is made from steel. It is not stainless. It will have a shortened or limited life in a marine or corrosive environment.
Spring Butt Hinge, Stainless Steel, 3.5 Inch
- Stainless steel spring butt hinge
- Satin stainless steel finish
- Residential grade hinge
- Unlike "Template" or "Architectural" grade hinges, "Residential" grade hinges are not built to an industrywide template. Screw hole patterns vary widely between different brands of hinges.
- Residential grade hinges are lighter weight hinges than Architectural or Template grade hinges
- Leaf height is 3-1/2"
- Width of hinge is 3-1/2"
- Barrel height of hinge is 4"
- Leaf thickness is approximately 3/32"
- Included with hinge
- Adjustment instructions
- Allen wrench and pivot bar for adjusting tension
- Stainless steel wood screws
- Adjustment pins
- Maximum recommended door weights (door size maximum is 3 ft by 7 ft)
- 50 lbs using two spring hinges and one non-spring butt hinge
- 90 lbs using three spring hinges
- This hinge is sold by the each (one hinge). You will normally order 2 or 3 hinges per door.