accredited business BBB
Prison Hinge, Triple Weight, 5 Inch
Product Information & Specifications
- Triple Weight Weld-On Prison Hinge
- Made for very heavy doors such as prison doors, lead-lined x-ray room doors and other exceptionally heavy doors and gates.
- Also for hinged cell-front doors and grated steel doors of penitentiaries, jails, reformatories, etc.
- Made from steel with welded pin
- Concealed ball bearings
- 2 hardened steel ball bearing races
- each contains 16 - 3/16" hardened and ground steel balls assembled within a jacket
- Rolled knuckles are welded and machined
- Hinge is not swagged, made for full surface installation (not for mortise installations)
- Hinge pin is solid one piece steel, welded at both ends making pin removable impossible.
- Lubrication port in barrel of hinge
- Weight rating
- capable of carrying a door weighing up to 2000 lbs
- rating is based on using 3 hinges per door
- rating is based on a door that is 7 feet tall and 3 feet wide
- Prime coated, ready for painting
- 5 Inches tall
- 6 Inches wide
- Hinge leaf is approximately 3/8" thick
- Barrel diameter is 1-1/2"
- Each hinge leaf is 2-3/16" wide by 5" tall