accredited business BBB
Self-Closing Weld-On Hinge
Product Information & Specifications
- Very high quality, heavy duty weld-on hinge that self-closes.
- Self-closing feature uses a machined surface and gravity to self-close.
- Hinge attaches between gate and post.
- Hinge dimensions:
- Gap between gate and post is 2-1/4".
- Hinge is approximately 7-1/4" tall.
- Hinge pin is 3/4" in diameter.
- Welding plates are 3-3/8" by 1-1/2" by 3/8".
- Hinge barrel is 1-1/2" in diameter.
- Includes a grease fitting to keep the hinge lubricated.
- This hinge is sold by the "Each". A normal installation requires that you order 2 hinges.
- A Pair of these hinges (2 Each on one door or gate) is rated at 800 lbs capacity.
- A typical installation of this hinge would allow the door to open to 90 degrees. The hinge will allow the door to open wider but how wide your door will actually open depends on your installation (at what point the surface of the door comes in contact with the edge of your post).
- Hinge ismade from mild steel. Hinge pin "floats". This means that the hinge pin is not permanently attached to either the top or bottom part of the hinge and the gate or door may be lifted off after installation.
- The hinge is not finished, should be coated with a finish after installation.
- The hinge is not handed.
PLEASE NOTE: This hinge is unique and requires very special care when installing for the self closing feature to work properly.
- Gate Post: the gate post that the hinge is attached to must be installed so that it is perfectly plumb.
- Alignment: the centerline of the hinge pins of both hinges (top hinge and bottom hinge) after installation, must be in exact alignment with each other. (tolerance not to exceed plus or minus 1/16").
- Gate Weight: we recommend that the dead weight of the door or gate be at least 50 per cent of the hinge's rating. Since this hinge is rated at 800 lbs per pair, the minimum weight of your gate must be 400 lbs.
Technical Support Information