accredited business BBB
Heavy Duty Double Acting Spring Hinges
Product Information & Specifications
- American made product.
- Double acting hinges for larger doors.
- Double acting spring hinges allow the door to open 180 degrees in either direction and spring action returns door to center closed position.
- Saloon Door Hinges is another name for these hinges.
- Spring tension is adjustable.
- The satin brass finish is the most popular finish. The photo above shows the zinc chromate finish.
- The manufacturer recommends using three hinges per door for heavier doors. Two hinges may be used for lighter doors. Click on the link below for more specific information. If three hinges are used the center hinge should be installed as close as possible to the top hinge for maximum support.
- The door may be mortised for these hinges so that there is no gap between the door and the door frame. If you elect not to mortise then the following door gaps apply: 6" size-.325" gap; 7" size-.352" gap; 8" size-.394" gap.
- Steel base material.
- All products on this page are made in the USA.
- Complete with wood screws.
- "Size" is the height of the plate that mounts on the door and jamb.
- This is a high quality American made product offered at a very competitive price.
- When shopping, please consider that many of our competitors are selling a cheap foreign made product at a cheap price.
*Maximum door weight (lbs.) using three spring hinges
- 633(US4) Satin Brass.
- 603(US2G) Zinc Chromate.
- 640(US10B) Oil Rubbed Bronze.
- 600(USP) Prime coated for painting.
Technical Support Information