accredited business BBB
Toy Box Lid Stay Torsion Hinge
Product Information & Specifications
- Lid support hinge for Toy chests, cabinet doors, office furniture or anywhere you need to support a lid in the open position.
- Meets ASTM safety requirements. Tested to 25,000 cycles. Product is lead-free.
- Will support the lid at any point of release.
- Made to work on chests where the backwall is 3/4" thick.
- One leaf (the leaf with the wrap-around) of the lid support attaches to the 3/4" thick back wall of chest. The other leaf of the lid support attaches to underside of the lid.
- Available in two finishes: satin nickel or dark oil rubbed bronze.
- Available in three weight ratings (inch-pound ratings). See info below on how to calculate which weight rating size you need for your size lid.
- Mounting screws are included.
- Made from steel.
- First calculate the "inch-pound" rating of your lid:
- Multiply the front-to-back dimension of your lid (in inches) times the weight of the lid (in pounds) and divide by 2. This equals the "inch-pound" rating of your lid.
- For example if your lid weighs 15 lbs and the front-to-back dimension of your lid is 20 inches your calculation would look like this: 15 x 20=300. Then divide by 2. 300 divided by 2 equals 150 inch-pounds.
- Then choose the combination of lid supports which comes closest to your "inch-pound" rating.
- The lid supports are available in 3 weight rating models: 30, 40 and 60 inch-pounds.
- For the example above (150 inch-pounds) the best choice would be to buy 3 lid supports (two of the 60 inch-pound supports and one 30 inch-pound support).
- It is important to remember that the supports must be installed in a symetrical manner. If you buy two supports, they must both be the same weight rating. If you buy 3 supports (for example, two of the 60 inch-pound supports and one of the 30 inch-pound supports), the 30 inch-pound support must be installed in between the two 60 inch-pound supports. They should also be installed an equal distance apart from each other.
Please note that these have been discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available. We have left this page on the website for reference while we search for a replacement product.
Technical Support Information