accredited business BBB
Cast Iron Shutter Hinges, Full Mortise
Product Information & Specifications
- These shutter hinges are used for full mortise installation. One leaf of the hinge is mortised into the edge of the shutter and the other leaf is mortised into the window casement.
- Click on first two links below for installation illustrations
- Choose a hinge that gives you the proper clearance away from the window casement. The "Throw" of the hinge determines this clearance.
- Cast iron base materials
- Once installed shutters may be lifted off without removing the hinges.
- When shutter is closed the hinge is designed to keep it from being lifted off by the wind.
- Mounting screw sizes are listed below but are not included
- Cast iron base material
- A set includes 4 hinges which is enough to hang 2 shutters.
- A set also includes 2 shutter fasteners which can be used to hold shutters closed if the shutter has a wooden windowsill. Click on third link below for photo of shutter fastener. Each shutter fastener requires three #8 screws, not included.
- Raw cast iron, no finish
Technical Support Information