accredited business BBB
Ring Turn, Solid Bronze
Product Information & Specifications
- Solid Bronze ring turn for use in coastal areas or anywhere a rustic old world design is desired. From our "Solid Bronze Collection".
- Ring turn may be used as a "pull" or may be combined with a spring latch (our SKU 634014) and spindle (our SKU 634004) to create a gate latch.
- To create a gate latch purchase 2 ring turns (one for the front and one for the back of the gate or door), one spindle and one spring latch per gate or door.
- Ring turn back plate measures 4-1/2" tall and 2-3/4" wide. Diameter of ring is 3-1/2".
- Spring latch fits into a 1" diameter hole drilled into the edge of the door. Spring latch backset (distance from the edge of the door to the center of the spindle hole) is 2-3/4".
- Spring latch bolt protrudes a maximum of 7/16" (similiar to the spring latch on a typical front door). Spring latch includes a solid brass trim piece for the edge of the door and a solid brass strike plate, both pieces are oil rubbed bronze finish. Also included with spring latch are fasteners, paper installation template and a dust box. Spring latch contains some steel internal parts.
- Spindle is 5" long by 5/16" square. Can be used on a maximum 3" thick door. For narrower doors it can easily be cut down with a hacksaw. Spindle is made from steel with a yellow zinc plating.
- Mounting screws are included with the ring turn.
- Bronze is an old world material that does not deteriorate in coastal or other regions. The Bronze finish, however, is a "living" finish. This means that it changes over time in a way that most people find desirable. When bronze is exposed to air it will tarnish quickly and turn brown. When bronze is exposed to exterior elements it will turn green. This condition is known as "patina". This is also considered desirable by most people. These conditions are not considered "defects" but are part of the natural beauty of bronze.
- Solid Natural Bronze