accredited business BBB
Gate Latch for Round Posts
Product Information & Specifications
- Latch is made for round post gates and fences such as chain link fences.
- Specially designed to fit posts and gates of different diameters. Fits both 1-3/8" and 1-5/8" gate frames. Fits 1-7/8" to 2", 2-3/8" and 2-7/8" fence posts.
- Made from tough, glass-reinforced polymer construction with stainless steel components. Latch is strong and 100% rust free.
- The"Latch & Access Button" model includes a keyed Access Button which installs on the opposite side of the gate.
- Locking/Latching Functions for this Product
- Gates have a "pull" side (pull on gate to open) and a "push" side (push on gate to open).
- The latching mechanism installs on the "pull" side of the gate.
- Typically, the "push" side of the gate is the outside of the gate (or the street side) and the "pull" side of the gate is the inside (or yard side).
- Functions from the "pull" side of the gate:
- You can lock the gate with the key
- You can unlock the gate with the key
- Functions from the "push" side of the gate:
- If the gate is not locked, you can use the push button to open the gate (good for tall gates that you cannot reach over).
- If the gate has previously been locked on the "push" side of the gate (and has not been locked on the "pull" side of the gate), you can unlock the gate.
- This is the main limitation of this latch. If the gate has been locked from the "pull" side, you cannot unlock the gate from the "push" side.
- The minimum allowed gap between the fence and post is 1" and the maximum allowed gap is 2".
- Always check with your building department's local building code requirements before installing in swimming pool areas. And please remember that swimming pool gates must be checked on a regular basis to make sure that they are functioning properly in order to keep small children out of the swimming pool area.
- Flat black
Technical Support Information