accredited business BBB
5/8 Inch Chain Bolt
Product Information & Specifications
- Chain bolt for gates, doors, etc.
- The chain bolt may be used on the top or bottom of the gate or door, or on both the top and bottom (if two are purchased).
- Chain bolt provides a method of securing a gate or door in the open (or closed) position.
- The bolt is made of 5/8" square steel. It is spring loaded and it is beveled on the latching end. The bevel allows the bolt to automatically retract and then lock when the bolt hits the strike.
- The strike is also beveled to help the bolt retract.
- An 18" chain is attached. The chain is used to release the bolt from the strike, thereby freeing the gate or door.
- Dimensions of chain bolt:
- Throw of bolt is 7/8".
- Mounting plate measures 2" x 7-3/8".
- Projection is 3/4"
- Included are mounting screws, strike and chain bolt.