accredited business BBB
5/8 Inch Chain Bolt
Product Information & Specifications
- Chain bolt for gates, doors, etc.
- The chain bolt may be used on the top or bottom of the gate or door, or on both the top and bottom (if two are purchased).
- Chain bolt provides a method of securing a gate or door in the open (or closed) position.
- The bolt is made of 5/8" square steel. It is spring loaded and it is beveled on the latching end. The bevel allows thebolt to automatically retract and then lock when the bolt hits the strike.
- The strike is also beveled to help the bolt retract.
- An 18" chain is attached. The chain is used to release the bolt from the strike, thereby freeing the gate or door.
- Dimensions of chain bolt:
- Throw of bolt is 7/8".
- Mounting plate measures 2" x 7-3/8".
- Projection is 3/4"
- Included are mounting screws, strike and chain bolt.