accredited business BBB
Electrified Butt Hinges
Product Information & Specifications
- Electrified hinges allow a low voltage electric current to pass from the door frame leaf to the door side leaf of a standard Architectual grade hinge. Wiring is completely concealed when door is in closed position.
- This allows control of various electric items on the door (electric locks, access control devices, alarms, etc).
- Available in different finishes and in either steel or stainless steel base material.
- Hinges are ball bearing hinges. Suitable for any door installation, especially desirable for doors with door closers installed.
- Sizes available:
- 4" x 4" Architectural Grade Hinges
- 4.5" x 4.5" Architectural Grade Hinges.
- Architectural Grade Hinges are built to an industry wide template.
- Sizes and screw hole patterns of Architectural grade hinges will match between different brands of the same size hinge.
- Other sizes are available by special order. Contact our office for more information.
- Features and Specifications;
- UL Listed
- UL Fire Rating (for steel and stainless steel hinges only)
- UL Rated for 50 volts AC/DC at 3.5 amp continuous and 16 amp pulse (maximum pulsewidth: 400 msec. with 10 sec minimum off time between pulses)
- 4 wires per hinge. Other wire configurations available by special order. Contact our office for more information.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- When installing an electric hinge, it must be placed as the middle hinge only.
- All electrified hinges are fixed pin hinges. The hinge pin is not removable.
- A mortar guard is required for all applications which have a grout-filled door frame. This may be special ordered from our office if necessary. Failure to install a mortar guard for this applicatation will void any warranty on these hinges.
- Fasteners are included.
- These hinges are sold by the each. You would normally order one electrified hinge and two (or more) non-electrified hinges per door.