accredited business BBB
Security Stud for Hinges
Product Information & Specifications
- Security studs are used for exterior doors that open outward. Doors that open outward have their hinge pins on the outside of the building.
- If a potential intruder removes the hinge pins, the security stud protects the door from being removed by locking the leaves of the hinges together.
- To install the security studs, remove two screws from your hinge. These two screws must be aligned back to back when the hinge (or door) is closed.
- Replace one of the screws with a security stud and drill a receiving hole in the other empty screwhole
- When the door closes the security stud will slide into the receiving hole locking the two hinge leaves in place
- Security studs are available to fit a #10 screwhole and a #12 screw hole
- To determine your screw hole size it is best to take a countersunk screw with a known size and place it in the hinge screw hole.
- A #10 countersunk head screw measures 11/32" across the head. A #12 countersunk head screw measures 3/8" across the head.
- The larger studs (SKU 309250 and SKU 309252) are threaded with a 12-24 machine screw thread which matches the thread that is used on metal door frames. Both size studs will work on wood doors and frames.
- They are sold by the pair (two studs)
- Brass plated
- Chrome plated
Technical Support Information