Product Information & Specifications
- Youngdale Hinge Company hinges are made in the USA.
- They are an excellent alternative to European style hinges if you want an almost concealed hinge look. New installations are much easier than European style hinges. A table saw and some moderate wood working skills are all that is required.
- If you are replacing existing hinges that are worn out, broken or lost, your hinge style will be stamped on the body of your hinge. Simply match the style number and finish with our listing below.
- Hinge Types:
- Style #3 is for a 1/4" overlay door with a1/2" minimum door thickness
- Style #5 is for a 1/4" overlay door with a 5/8" minimum door thickness
- Style #65 is for a 1/2" overlay door with a 1/2" minimum door thickness
- Style #6is for a 1/2" overlay door with a 5/8" minimum door thickness
- Style #8 is for a 5/8" overlay door with a 3/4" minimum door thickness
- Style #4 is for a 3/8" partial inset door (lipped door)
- The door opening angle and other functionality varies with the door thickness.
- Click on links below to see the specifics for each case.
- Information regarding Youngdale # 7 hinges. Youngdale #7 hinges have not been produced in over 20 years and are no longer available. You can replace Youngdale #7 hinges with Youngdale #6 hinges with only a slight loss of functionality. The Youngdale #7 hinges will open a full 180 degrees. You will not get a full 180 degree opening angle if you use #6 hinges but other than that, they will work fine as replacements.
- Information regarding Youngdale #65SR hinges. Youngdale #65SR hinges were made specifically for Schrock brand cabinets. They are no longer available. You can substitute #65SR hinges with our #65 hinges, however there is a problem in that the #65 screw hole pattern is close to the 65SR screw hole pattern but not close enough to be used. This means that you will need to fill all of the old screw holes by drilling them out so that a hardwood dowel can be inserted in the old holes (and flush cut). This will allow you to redrill the new screw hole pattern. A lot of work but the only viable solution to this problem.
- Youngdale hinges require a sawcut in the edge of the cabinet door which is only slightly visible from the side view. The hinge is completely hidden in frontal view.
- Youngdale hinges work for both cabinets with face frames and for frameless cabinets (non-face frame). Click on links below to see install info.
- With the exception of the #65 hinge, Youngdale hinges are not handed. The same hinge will work on either a left hand or right hand door. They are self-closing. The #65 is available in a non-handed version (found in this section) or in a handed version (Left Hand and Right Hand) found in a nearby section.
- Made from steel base material.
- Matching screws are included (8 screws per pair of hinges). Nickel plated screws are included with the white hinges.
- Nickel Plated
- Antique Brass
- Brass Plated
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Plated
- White (powder coated)
Note: The Brass Plated finish has been discontinued by the manufacturer. You may notice the size you need is no longer listed in this finish. This is due to those sizes being taken off our website as they sell out.
Technical Support Information