accredited business BBB
40 mm Replacement Hinge Set for Pivot Door Slides
Product Information & Specifications
- Replacement hinge and mounting plate system for Pivot Door Slides (also known as Flipper Door Slides). If you have a pivot door or flipper door that has a broken 40mm hinge, these hinges will replace them.
- Hinge cup fits into a 40mm diameter hole (approximately 1-9/16").
- Sold by the set; a set includes one hinge, one mounting plate and 4 tapered screws for wood or metal.
- A typical flipper or pivot door will require that you order 2 sets per door to replace the hinges.
- When replacing hinges it is necessary to replace all of the hinges and mounting plates on any door that you are working on. Mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding problems because they may have slightly differing articulations.
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the hinge screws is 52mm (approximately 2-1/16").
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the mounting plate is 32mm (approximately 1-1/4).
- The mounting plate snaps onto the hinge and can be removed from the hinge by pressing on a small lever.
- The hinges are adjustable after installation (in and out, up and down, and side to side) by means of 3 cam screws.
- Made from steel and nickel plated.
How to size your hinge system
- Make sure your existing hinge fits into a 40mm diameter hole or cup.
- Make sure your screwhole center-to-center measurements match those listed above. If yours differs it may be possible to alter your setup slightly to allow our 2-1/16" screw hole dimension.
- Measure your pivot point height (upper pivot point). See link below for instructions on how to measure.
- The hinges show a "pivot point range" because they are adjustable up and down.
- The best choice will be a hinge where your pivot point height falls in the middle of one of the pivot point ranges shown.
Technical Support Information