accredited business BBB
Half Overlay, 170 Degree, Euro Hinges & Plates
Product Information & Specifications
- Generic long arm European style hinge.
- Made for cabinets without a face frame and with a 3/4" thick door and a 3/4" thick side panel.
- Hinge opening angle is 170 degrees.
- Hinge allows vertical, horizontal and depth adjustment after installation. Hinge fits into a 35mm (1-3/8") "cup" drilled into the back of the cabinet door.
- For "half overlay" doors. Half overlay doors overlay less than 1/2 the thickness of the side panel that they are mounted to. Half overlay doors are also known as "Back to Back" doors. These doors are hinged to opposite sides of the same side panel. A typical installation for this hinge and mounting plate is an overlay of 8mm for each door. An 8mm overlay on a 3/4" side panel will leave a 3mm gap between the doors. The bore distance for an 8mm overlay is 4mm (bore distance is the distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the cup that is drilled in the back of the door).
- Hinges are self-closing and are made from steel base material with a nickel finish.
- The mounting plate for this application is the 9mm plate (Our SKU 272250, actual height is 11/16"). This mounting plate is supplied with "system screws". System screws are meant to be used in pre-bored holes in the side panel of the cabinet. If you are not using these pre-bored holes, you should purchase #7 wood screws to install your mounting plate. They are not included but are offered for purchase during checkout.
- Dowels and screws are included with the hinge. Dowels are typically used in MDF or particle board material. If mounting in solid wood, remove the dowels and use the included wood screws.
- PLEASE NOTE: A European hinge is made up of two parts, a hinge and a mounting plate. Please make sure to order at least 2 hinges and 2 mounting plates for each door you are hanging. Larger doors may require more than two hinges. If you order the "Standard" mounting plate you will need to order two screws for each mounting plate ordered. The proper screw for these mounting plates is offered during checkout.