accredited business BBB
Half Overlay, 110 Degree, Euro Hinges & Plates (3/4")
Product Information & Specifications
- Generic long arm European style hinge.
- Made for cabinets without a face frame and with a 3/4" thick door and a 3/4" thick side panel.
- Hinge opening angle is 110 degrees.
- Hinge allows vertical, horizontal and depth adjustment after installation. Hinge fits into a 35mm (1-3/8") "cup" drilled into the back of the cabinet door.
- For "half overlay" doors. Half overlay doors overlay less than 1/2 the thickness of the side panel that they are mounted to. Half overlay doors are also known as "Back to Back" doors. These doors are hinged to opposite sides of the same side panel. A typical installation for this hinge and mounting plate is an overlay of 8mm for each door. An 8mm overlay on a 3/4" side panel will leave a 3mm gap between the doors. The bore distance for an 8mm overlay is 4mm (bore distance is the distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the cup that is drilled in the back of the door).
- Hinges are self-closing and are made from steel base material with a nickel finish.
- Two different mounting plates are offered. The "Standard" mounting plate uses #6 x 5/8" wood screws. The "Special" mounting plate is made to be used with cabinets where there are holes drilled for press-in shelf supports. Both mounting plates are fully adjustable. The mounting plates are 0mm plates.
- Dowels and screws are included with the hinge. Dowels are typically used in MDF or particle board material. If mounting in solid wood, remove the dowels and use the included wood screws.
- PLEASE NOTE: A European hinge is made up of two parts, a hinge and a mounting plate. Please make sure to order at least 2 hinges and 2 mounting plates for each door you are hanging. Larger doors may require more than two hinges. If you order the "Standard" mounting plate you will need to order two screws for each mounting plate ordered. The proper screw for thse mounting plates is offered during checkout.
- ADDITIONAL FASTENER INFO: When mounting Back-to-Back hinges on a thinner side panel (for example 3/4" thickness) the screws holding the mounting plates will interfere with each other because they will be attached in exactly the same spots on opposite sides of the side panel. The solution to this is to use a "Back-to-Back" screw. These screws are offered during checkout.
Technical Support Information