accredited business BBB Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Blum 170 Degree Hinge for Inset Doors, Frameless Cabinets
Product Information & Specifications
- Blum 170 Degree Half Cranked Hinge.
- This page shows the hinge used on a "Frameless" cabinet with an "Inset" door.
- This is Blum's most popular and common "Standard" European hinge (Half Cranked for Inset Type Doors). You can use this hinge and Blum's 9 mm mounting plate (SKU 652302) to replace just about any brand of current or obsolete standard European hinge (half cranked type). When replacing existing hinges, always replace both hinges and both mounting plates on the door. Mixing different brands and types of European hinges can cause door binding problems.
- Door Reveal
- The reveal is the gap that is found (when the door is closed) between the edge of the door and the cabinet side panel that the door is hinged to.
- The reveal dimension is determined by the "bore distance".
- The bore distance is the distance from the edge of the cup drilled in the back of the door to the edge of the door.
- You can use any bore distance from 3 mm to 8 mm (1/8" to 5/16").
- Mounting plates, the proper mounting plate to use with this hinge is our SKU 652302.
- Possible reveal dimensions that can be achieved: 0 mm to 4.5 mm (0 to just under 3/16")
- After installation the reveal can be adjusted plus or minus 2 mm.
- Click on the link below for more detailed information about the reveal and installation of this hinge.
- Available in two models:
- Self-Closing (SKU 652299). Self-closing hinges do not require a cabinet catch. This is by far the most common of the two.
- Free-Swinging (SKU 701172). Free-swinging hinges require a cabinet catch or a touch latch on the door.
- Hinge is made from nickel plated steel.
- Hinge fits into a 35mm (1-3/8") cup drilled in the back of the door. Cup depth is 13 mm (1/2").
- The center-to-center screw hole dimensions on the hinge cup are 45 mm (1-3/4"). If your current hinge is 1-3/4" or the less common 1-7/8" you can install this hinge without re-drilling the screw holes. For 1-7/8" screw hole dimensions, the screw will go in at a slight angle but usually works without a problem.
- This hinge is a two part hinge (the hinge and the separately ordered mounting plate, SKU 652302). Make sure to order at least two hinges and two mounting plates for each door that you are hanging. Mounting plates are offered for purchase during checkout.
- Each hinge uses 2 each #6 flat head screws (screws are not included but are offerered for purchase during checkout).
Optional Accessories (offered for purchase during checkout)
- Mounting plates for frameless mounting applications, required for installation.
- #6 flat head screws (SKU 652360).
- Plastic Dowels, used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well (SKU 652368)
- Soft Close Add-on Device, eliminates slamming of the door, dampens closing action- not for use with the Free Swing hinge (SKU 268234)
- Opening Angle Restriction Clip, restricts door opening to 130 degrees (SKU 652033)
- Hinge cover caps, covers adjustment screws, dresses up the hinge (SKU 268003.)
- Back-to-Back Screws, a two part screw (male and female) that allows the hinge mounting plate to be installed opposite each other on the same side panel. This eliminates the problem of wood screws interfering with each other. The male (SKU 268250) and the female (SKU 268251) are ordered separately.
- Touch Latch (SKU 268038).
- 35mm Forstner Bit, for new installations (SKU 204000)
- Ecodrill, installation jig, for new installations (SKU 701000)
Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Technical Support Information