accredited business BBB Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Blum 170 Degree Hinge for Back-to-Back Doors, Frameless Cabinets
Product Information & Specifications
- Blum 170 Degree Half Cranked Hinge.
- This page shows the hinge used on a "Frameless" cabinet with "Back-to-Back" Doors.
- This is Blum's most popular and common "Standard" European hinge. You can use this hinge to replace just about any brand of current or obsolete standard 165, 170 or 175 degree European hinge that is mounted on "Back-to-Back" doors. When replacing existing hinges, always replace both hinges and both mounting plates on the door. Mixing different brands and types of European hinges can cause door binding problems.
- Back-to-Back doors are cabinet doors which are hinged on frameless cabinets to opposite sides of the same side panel. The two opposing door edges are butted up against each other. The gap between the two hinged edges of the doors is called the "reveal". This dimension is very important. Too small of a reveal will cause one door edge to bind on the other door edge when it is opened. For more information on how to calculate your door reveal, click on the link below.
- Available in two models:
- Self-Closing (SKU 652299). Self-closing hinges do not require a cabinet catch. This is by far the most common of the two.
- Free-Swinging (SKU 701172). Free-swinging hinges require a cabinet catch or a touch latch on the door.
- Hinge is made from nickel plated steel and is a self-closing hinge.
- Hinge fits into a 35mm (1-3/8") cup drilled in the back of the door. Cup depth is 13 mm (1/2").
- The center-to-center screw hole dimensions on the hinge cup are 45 mm (1-3/4"). If your current hinge is 1-3/4" or the less common 1-7/8" you can install this hinge without re-drilling the screw holes. For 1-7/8" screw hole dimensions, the screw will go in at a slight angle but usually works without a problem.
- The mounting plate used with this hinge for Back-to-Back installations is our SKU 652296.
- Each hinge uses 2 each #6 flat head screws (screws are not included but are offerered for purchase during checkout).
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
- European hinges are a two part hinge made up of the hinge AND a mounting plate.
- The mounting plate is a separately ordered item.
- To chose the mounting plate consult the overlay table at the link below
- Mounting plates are offered for purchase during checkout
Optional Accessories (offered for purchase during checkout)
- Mounting plates for frameless mounting applications, required for installation.
- #6 flat head screws, required for installation (SKU 652360).
- Plastic Dowels, used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well (SKU 652368)
- Soft Close Add-on Device, eliminates slamming of the door, dampens closing action (SKU 268234)
- Opening Angle Restriction Clip, restricts door opening to 130 degrees (SKU 652033)
- Hinge cover caps, covers adjustment screws, dresses up the hinge (SKU 268003.)
- Touch Latch (SKU 268038).
- 35mm Forstner Bit, for new installations (SKU 204000)
- Ecodrill, installation jig, for new installations (SKU 701000)
- Back-to-Back Screws, a two part screw (male and female) that allows the hinge mounting plate to be installed opposite each other on the same side panel. This eliminates the problem of wood screws interfering with each other. The male (SKU 268250) and the female (SKU 268251) are ordered separately.
Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Technical Support Information