accredited business BBB Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Blum 110 Degree Hinge for Inset Door, Face Frame Cabinet
Product Information & Specifications
- Blum 110 Degree Half Cranked Hinge.
- This page shows the hinge used with an "Inset" door on a "Face Frame" cabinet.
- This is Blum's most popular and common "Standard" European hinge. You can use this hinge to replace just about any brand of current or obsolete standard European hinge that is mounted on an inset door on a face frame cabinet. When replacing existing hinges, always replace both hinges and both mounting plates on the door. Mixing different brands and types of European hinges can cause door binding problems.
- Inset doors have a small "gap" between the edge of the door and the edge of the face frame that it is hinged to.The gap between these two edges is called the "reveal". This dimension is very important. Too small of a reveal will cause the door edge to bind on the face frame edge when the door is opened. For more information on how to calculate your door reveal, click on the link below.
- Hinge is made from nickel plated steel.
- Hinge fits into a 35mm (1-3/8") cup drilled in the back of the door. Cup depth is 13 mm (1/2").
- The center-to-center screw hole dimensions on the hinge cup are 45 mm (1-3/4"). If your current hinge is 1-3/4" or the less common 1-7/8" you can install this hinge without re-drilling the screw holes. For 1-7/8" screw hole dimensions, the screw will go in at a slight angle but usually works without a problem.
- The hinge is self-closing.
- Each hinge uses 2 each #6 flat head screws, our SKU 652360 (screws are not included but are offerered for purchase during checkout).
- Each mounting plate uses 2 each #8 pan head sheet metal screws (our SKU 135410, this is a 5 pack of screws). These screws are not included but are offered for purchase when you checkout with the mounting plate.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
- This hinge is a two part hinge (the hinge and the mounting plate).
- Make sure to order at least two hinges and two mounting plates for each door that you are hanging.
- Mounting plates are offered for purchase during checkout.
Information on installation of Face Frame Adapter Plate
- To drill the angled holes for the adapter plate the purchase of the Blum Platemate is highly recommended.
- The Blum Platemate clamps on the edge of the face frame and allows accurate drilling of the adapter plate screw holes.
- The Platemate includes a drill bit and drill bit extension for a #8 drill bit (2.5mm bit).
- The Blum Platemate (SKU 268227) is offered for purchase during checkout for the Adapter Plate. PLEASE NOTE: THE BLUM PLATEMATE IS A NON-RETURNABLE ITEM.
Accessories available for this hinge (Offered for purchase at check-out):
- Mounting plates for frameless and face frame applications, required for installation.
- #6, flat head screws, required for installation (SKU 652360)
- Plastic Dowels, used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well (SKU 652368)
- Restriction clip. Limits angle of opening to 86 degrees (SKU 701113)
- Hinge cover caps, covers adjustment screws, dresses up the hinge (SKU 268002)
- Hinge cup cap, covers hinge cup and screws, dresses up the hinge (SKU 701156)
- Soft Close Add-on Device, eliminates slamming of the door, dampens closing action (SKU 268233)
- Touch Latch (SKU 268038).
- 35mm Forstner Bit, for new installations (SKU 204000)
- Ecodrill, installation jig, for new installations (SKU 701000)
- Back-to-Back Screws, a two part screw (male and female) that allows the hinge mounting plate to be installed opposite each other on the same side panel. This eliminates the problem of wood screws interfering with each other. The male (SKU 268250) and the female (SKU 268251) are ordered separately
Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Technical Support Information